The bottom fan Of my Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF doesn’t spin.

As it says in the title the bottom fan of my dark rock tf doesn’t spin. I was wondering why this may be I just installed it.

PC SPECS

- i5-8400 (soon to be i7-9700k)

- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb (soon to be GeForce RTX 2070 super)

- 2x8gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram

- ASRock B360M Xtreme (you won’t be able to find this motherboard anywhere but i have read that apparently it is similar or the exact same as the ASRock B360M Pro4)

- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 230V 600W 80+ PSU (will be upgrading to a 650W 80+ Titanium PSU)

also should I upgrade my motherboard? (I have done a bios update to my B360M motherboard so it is compatible with the i7-9700k)

6 minutes ago, Re0 said:

As it says in the title the bottom fan of my dark rock tf doesn’t spin. I was wondering why this may be I just installed it.

PC SPECS

- i5-8400 (soon to be i7-9700k)

- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb (soon to be GeForce RTX 2070 super)

- 2x8gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram

- ASRock B360M Xtreme (you won’t be able to find this motherboard anywhere but i have read that apparently it is similar or the exact same as the ASRock B360M Pro4)

- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 230V 600W 80+ PSU (will be upgrading to a 650W 80+ Titanium PSU)

also should I upgrade my motherboard? (I have done a bios update to my B360M motherboard so it is compatible with the i7-9700k)

It’s b series. Ram will be capped and it won’t OC.  If you’re not going to increase your ram or clock the 9700k no reason.  Might want to later though and when that happens appropriate motherboards may be hard to get.  There’s this thing where computer hardware drops in price and then raises again and just keeps going up. Pick the bottom of the saddle maybe?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Re0 said:

The i7-8700 has recently dropped in price (might have been a one off but I saw it at $215) so get that instead. If you're swapping the board, get AMD and not an i7. LGA 1151 has hit its dead end.

Edit: pricing was just a clearance deal, rip. Still, the cheapest i7 you can find is the best deal, not necessarily an i7-9700K.

Did you make sure the fan isn't bumping anything? Perhaps remove it from the cooler and see if it spins when sitting by its lonesome.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The i7-8700 has recently dropped in price (might have been a one off but I saw it at $215) so get that instead. If you're swapping the board, get AMD and not an i7. LGA 1151 has hit its dead end.

Edit: pricing was just a clearance deal, rip. Still, the cheapest i7 you can find is the best deal, not necessarily an i7-9700K.

Did you make sure the fan isn't bumping anything? Perhaps remove it from the cooler and see if it spins when sitting by its lonesome.

I have figured out why the fan is not spinning there was something blocking it from spinning.

i have already bought the i7-9700k, would you recommend any motherboards? I think I will be overclocking the CPU maybe in the future so I want something that can handle it.

I was also thinking of getting a new PSU do you think i should get it before i install my 2070 super, because im not sure a 600w power supply with a 80+ certification is going to be enough for a i7-9700k and 2070 super. i was thinking of getting a 650w 80+ titanium PSU. Thoughts?

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s b series. Ram will be capped and it won’t OC.  If you’re not going to increase your ram or clock the 9700k no reason.  Might want to later though and when that happens appropriate motherboards may be hard to get.  There’s this thing where computer hardware drops in price and then raises again and just keeps going up. Pick the bottom of the saddle maybe?

My RAM was capped at 2133mhz but I was able to change it to 2666mhz. and for the motherboard what would you recommend? i have already bought the i7-9700k and i will overclocking it in the future.

also would you say that my PSU will be enough for a 2070 super and a i7-9700k or should i wait for a new PSU first?

13 minutes ago, Re0 said:

have already bought the i7-9700k, would you recommend any motherboards? I think I will be overclocking the CPU maybe in the future so I want something that can handle it.

motherboard availability and pricing is very bad right now due to the virus. You should wait.

13 minutes ago, Re0 said:

was also thinking of getting a new PSU do you think i should get it before i install my 2070 super, because im not sure a 600w power supply with a 80+ certification is going to be enough for a i7-9700k and 2070 super. i was thinking of getting a 650w 80+ titanium PSU. Thoughts?

A 500 watt power supply is enough for an overclocked i7 and RTX 2070 super, and the efficiency rating should not be a deciding factor.

What is the model of your current power supply?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

motherboard availability and pricing is very bad right now due to the virus. You should wait.

A 500 watt power supply is enough for an overclocked i7 and RTX 2070 super, and the efficiency rating should not be a deciding factor.

What is the model of your current power supply?

I have the Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 230V 600W 80+ PSU

and also are you saying i could have an overclocked i7-9700k and an overclocked 2070 super and still be able to use this ^^ psu?

it's because the recommendation for an 2070 super is 650w so i thought that to be on the safe side i should wait and get a 650w psu

4 minutes ago, Re0 said:

and also are you saying i could have an overclocked i7-9700k and an overclocked 2070 super and still be able to use this ^^ psu?

it is not a fire hazard, but it would be worth replacing with a better unit when the virus doesn't affect stock of PC parts that much.

5 minutes ago, Re0 said:

it's because the recommendation for an 2070 super is 650w so i thought that to be on the safe side i should wait and get a 650w psu

that recommendation is an over recommendation, so that nvidia covers its bases. An overclocked i7 will consume about 150 watts, and a 2070 super consumes about 200 watts. The rest of your system will consume a very small amount of power.

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it is not a fire hazard, but it would be worth replacing with a better unit when the virus doesn't affect stock of PC parts that much.

that recommendation is an over recommendation, so that nvidia covers its bases. An overclocked i7 will consume about 150 watts, and a 2070 super consumes about 200 watts. The rest of your system will consume a very small amount of power.

ok thank you