Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something smoked help!

Xinatin

so i was installing a gigabyte 1070 into my test bench and when i hit the power button it went poof! Please tell me this can be fixed! See attached photos.

20200602_084403.jpg

20200602_084409.jpg

aint no fixing that... those power phases are dead.. time to put that card out to pasture. 

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Xinatin said:

Please tell me this can be fixed!

You blew at least two MOSFETs, probably three, a good bunch of caps and several resistors. It looks like the MOSFET might have blown so hard it took some traces with it as well. That'd be a hard to impossible fix even for a professional.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You blew at least two MOSFETs, probably three, a good bunch of caps and several resistors. It looks like the MOSFET might have blown so hard it took some traces with it as well. That'd be a hard to impossible fix even for a professional.

Woah really? Damn it. 

Just now, Xinatin said:

What possibly happened?

No way for us to know. You might have done something, there might have been something wrong with your system, you might just have been unlucky and had a low-quality MOSFET and so on. It's anybody's guess.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, Xinatin said:

so i was installing a gigabyte 1070 into my test bench and when i hit the power button it went poof! Please tell me this can be fixed! See attached photos.

20200602_084403.jpg

20200602_084409.jpg

RiP, and how the fuck you manage to do that.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600X OC 4.6                  Mobo Asus Tuf Gaming Pro B450                 DDR4 16GB 3600Mhz Corsair Dominator

Gigabyte 1070 Ti              Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240             Cooler MasterMB511 Case With 6 TT White Ring Fans

1 minute ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

RiP, and how the fuck you manage to do that.

Lol nothinggggg all i did was install the card into the mobo like ive done 100 times, and connected the card to the psu and i verify everything was good and then pressed the power button and then poof! Thats it

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No way for us to know. You might have done something, there might have been something wrong with your system, you might just have been unlucky and had a low-quality MOSFET and so on. It's anybody's guess.

i see

6 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

The graphics card is dead RIP. 

Lol funeral is at 10pm no need to be there lol ive posted it on ebay already

Lol i just found use for some arrow stickers i had around. But did the gpu just kill my mobo?

20200602_103714.jpg

20200602_103710.jpg

20200602_104703.jpg

20200602_104708.jpg

Edited by Xinatin
More pics

Now the mobo turns on for a quick second and turns back off

Yeah that mobo is busted too, you had some really bad luck there. Never seen that a GPU / mobo blow up that badly before, lol. I guess I shouldn't laugh..

53 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

Yeah that mobo is busted too, you had some really bad luck there. Never seen that a GPU / mobo blow up that badly before, lol. I guess I shouldn't laugh..

Lmao all good man. Im selling both on ebay as for parts. Im a reseler and this is not a biggie.

17 minutes ago, Xinatin said:

Lmao all good man. Im selling both on ebay as for parts. Im a reseler and this is not a biggie.

Glad to hear that! :)