Z490+10700k stuttering in game. Please help!

Hi, I have just built a new rig and I'm having problems with stuttering in game specifically in Cod. The only other games I have tested so far are cs go and rocket league (Others are downloading) which I havent noticed any stuttering but they arent exactly demanding. I have ran heaven and heaven super position benchmarks without any problems. Temps are all good. I had my 2080 super in my old rig (i5 8400, z370) for a couple of weeks which ran absolutely fine although I had to enable erp mode or I got the 3 red light issue every other boot (very common). Have tried enabling erp mode in my new rig and it doesnt make any difference. I formatted all my drives which I've used in my new rig and done a complete clean install.

I've used my psu, ram and drives from my old system because they didn't need upgrading.

I cant work out what's causing this stuttering. The only thing I can think of is the gpu driver is slightly newer than the one that was in my old pc. 

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Build:

CPU: i7 10700k 

Cooler: nzxt x73 360mm

GPU: Evga rtx 2080 super ftw 3 ultra

Motherboard: Gigabyte z490 master

PSU: corsair hx750i platinum 

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3000mhz

Case: nzxt 710i

Not enough data then.  It could be specifically a COD thing or it could be something else.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not enough data then.  It could be specifically a COD thing or it could be something else.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Have just tried witcher 3, moto gp 20 and pubg and all seem to be fine. 

But then COD is likely to push the cpu and GPU the most.

40 minutes ago, Silverbackk said:

But then COD is likely to push the cpu and GPU the most.

It pushes it in particular ways.  Witcher would be much harder on the gpu than cpu for example.  COD is a high frame rate esports game.  Maybe another one of those.  Several are free so buying them wouldn’t be required for testing.

part of the issue is the cpu is brand spanking new.  This is the first post by any user I’ve seen on the thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It pushes it in particular ways.  Witcher would be much harder on the gpu than cpu for example.  COD is a high frame rate esports game.  Maybe another one of those.  Several are free so buying them wouldn’t be required for testing.

part of the issue is the cpu is brand spanking new.  This is the first post by any user I’ve seen on the thing.

Yeah the trouble is that the cpu is hardly being pushed in the above games. Whereas with cod its using much more cpu and 100% gpu. 

That's why I'm finding it hard to fix it. There is one other post on reddit where someone is having the same issue but in all games which makes me think it's just Cod that is playing up. So I'm reinstalling, its pretty annoying as its 200gb. Also I'm not sure if it's to do with the z490 board auto overclocking the cpu on stock settings. 

13 minutes ago, Silverbackk said:

Yeah the trouble is that the cpu is hardly being pushed in the above games. Whereas with cod its using much more cpu and 100% gpu. 

That's why I'm finding it hard to fix it. There is one other post on reddit where someone is having the same issue but in all games which makes me think it's just Cod that is playing up. So I'm reinstalling, its pretty annoying as its 200gb. Also I'm not sure if it's to do with the z490 board auto overclocking the cpu on stock settings. 

Well if you do test with other esports games the results may be interesting.   If it’s just a COD thing I suspect the people who make COD will develop a patch eventually.   If it’s just high frame rate period that would be an intel thing.  Hard to know if it’s a mobo maker issue at all atm.  Gonna need a bunch of instances to compare. Very early days for 11th gen intel atm.  It’s interesting that you’re burying a gpu that large with COD though.  Implies there’s some real grunt there.  Settings are going to make a giant difference since even at that level you’re very slightly gpu bound. 

Yeah I do play at max settings at 1440p though. Even with my old i5 8400 I was gpu bound on cod used to be at around 90%. I think it was something to do with the shaders not installing properly as it paused and wouldn't continue installing which seems to be a common problem and one of the ways to fix it to reinstall the game. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway. Gamernexus made a video regarding z490 motherboards and that the manufacturers are auto overclocking to account for lower quality cpus.

19 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Well if you do test with other esports games the results may be interesting.   If it’s just a COD thing I suspect the people who make COD will develop a patch eventually.   If it’s just high frame rate period that would be an intel thing.  Hard to know if it’s a mobo maker issue at all atm.  Gonna need a bunch of instances to compare. Very early days for 11th gen intel atm.  It’s interesting that you’re burying a gpu that large with COD though.  Implies there’s some real grunt there.  Settings are going to make a giant difference since even at that level you’re very slightly gpu bound. 

I've Fixed this now by reinstalling cod, thanks for the help dude:)

2 minutes ago, Silverbackk said:

I've Fixed this now by reinstalling cod, thanks for the help dude:)

So an install OF COD issue or the new version was patched.  Either way I’m glad it worked out for you :)

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

So an install OF COD issue or the new version was patched.  Either way I’m glad it worked out for you :)

Yeah I noticed when I had the battle.net launcher open it was using 20/30% gpu unless minimised. I think this could have been running in the background whilst playing causing the stuttering. Once I reinstalled I went to settings and it had changed to "when I launch game exit battle.net completely". Whereas before it was set to "when I launch a game keep the battle.net window open"

1 minute ago, Silverbackk said:

Yeah I noticed when I had the battle.net launcher open it was using 20/30% gpu unless minimised. I think this could have been running in the background whilst playing causing the stuttering. Once I reinstalled I went to settings and it had changed to "when I launch game exit battle.net completely". Whereas before it was set to "when I launch a game keep the battle.net window open"

That would do it.  So sort of a COD problem because battle.net was only a thing for your COD install making it effectively part of COD.