Undervolting XPS 7590 without sleep mode issue

I have a XPS 15 (7590) and it had some issues with sleep mode, basically it turns off (in the forced way, so no saves or anyithing). Intel "fixed this" in the 1.6 BIOS update, but fixing this required them to disabe undervolting, whitch is a really bad thing on XPS 15, I just lost 15% on cinebench R20 and my idle temps are higher (+ 4-5 C), it was on -0.160.

I can fix the no udervolt issue with factory reseting the BIOS (it works on 1.6 BIOS, maybe on 1.7 too idk), but then the sleep mode issue comes back too.

Is there any way to fix both issue in the same time, or will they fix it anytime soon?

p.s. I love u intel but f*** u ❤️

7 minutes ago, B4rta said:

I have a XPS 15 (7590) and it had some issues with sleep mode, basically it turns off (in the forced way, so no saves or anyithing). Intel "fixed this" in the 1.6 BIOS update, but fixing this required them to disabe undervolting, whitch is a really bad thing on XPS 15, I just lost 15% on cinebench R20 and my idle temps are higher (+ 4-5 C), it was on -0.160.

I can fix the no udervolt issue with factory reseting the BIOS (it works on 1.6 BIOS, maybe on 1.7 too idk), but then the sleep mode issue comes back too.

Is there any way to fix both issue in the same time, or will they fix it anytime soon?

p.s. I love u intel but f*** u ❤️

Sounds like it was too much work for them so they said f*** you back lol. Sorry but unless they fix it I can't image you would get much help. Only thing I can suggest is trying hibernation instead. With that ssd it should be practically the same and actually save some power. just try it.

1 hour ago, B4rta said:

Intel "fixed this" in the 1.6 BIOS update, but fixing this required them to disabe undervolting

Intel didn't disable undervolting. Dell choose to disable it due to Plundervolt. From what I know there's no way to undervolt once you've updated BIOS, since Dell don't allow BIOS rollback. If you want a performance laptop nowadays, stay away from Dell laptops

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

21 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

Intel didn't disable undervolting. Dell choose to disable it due to Plundervolt. From what I know there's no way to undervolt once you've updated BIOS, since Dell don't allow BIOS rollback. If you want a performance laptop nowadays, stay away from Dell laptops

Thats actually not true, as I said you can undervolt if u reset the BIOS (even after the updates) and the rollback is really easy too, u jost need to tick the "enable BIOS downgrade", or something like this in the BIOS.

37 minutes ago, B4rta said:

Thats actually not true, as I said you can undervolt if u reset the BIOS (even after the updates) and the rollback is really easy too, u jost need to tick the "enable BIOS downgrade", or something like this in the BIOS.

Hmm now they allow BIOS downgrade? Didn't know that.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Soooo updated:

Hibernation mode is working, the system can save everything like it should (in this case not on the RAM, but on the SSD), it slower, not the instant open and login, u still need to press power button and wait for the dell logo and login, but at least it works and I can keep the undervolt.

Aaaand its fine with BIOS 1.7 too, u just need to factory reset it, after that u can udervolt like u normally would.

But still if u have a solution that keeps the sleep mode post it. 

I hope intel will fix this soon, ultrabooks need the undervolt.

1 hour ago, genexis_x said:

Hmm now they allow BIOS downgrade? Didn't know that.

Since 1.5 I think (correct me if I m wrong), maybe because of these changes.