Problem With Xbox Not worming

Pogboomx

Hello,

For some reason, ever since around 3-6 days ago, my Xbox One (original) has began to kind of glitch out. I will play try to launch my games, and I’ll try to even do anything really, to then have my xbox freeze up. The easiest way to describe it, is my xbox just stops everything, and doesn’t work. I try to hit the home button and my screen will change the shade, trying to open it but it won’t work. Another thing I should bring up, is the fact i had just gotten new internet. It has a “strict” NAT type and i don’t believe that would make my xbox randomly freeze. It’s updated to the newest update as well. All at the same time, when my xbox powers up, it seems to lock up at the green xbox loading screen. I’ve done the reset which kept my games, and other things. If you guys could help me i’d appreciate it greatly. I really need to save my money and do not want to buy a new xbox.

thanks

How old is it? If it's an original from release, a 7 year old Xbox one would probably start to be dying.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

4 minutes ago, Statik said:

How old is it? If it's an original from release, a 7 year old Xbox one would probably start to be dying.

Yes it is the original xbox one. I believe this is the first gen too sadly. 

2 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Could be a failing hard drive.

How would I be able to test that?

I second it being the hard drive.

Since I'm assuming this thing has no warranty on it anymore, I would suggest just throwing a new one inside it. That or upgrade to the X. Probably just a used one though given that you probably don't want to drop that much a new one since the Series X is right around the corner.

If you are going to replace the hard drive, make sure you google the replacement instructions.  You can't just pop in any hard drive and go.  It needs to be properly set up, or it just won't work.  Also, do a thorough cleaning, including the power brick.  In my experience people forget about the PSU and they crap out pretty easily.