Cpu error

carsonbogart

Noted you had some Corsair RAM - Corsair as of late tends to be problematic and you need to check the QVL and see if what you have is listed as in the exact model sticks you have. If not then you'd probrably have to return those for a different, more compatable set. G.Skill has good compatability all around and they aren't that expensive to get.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Qualified Vendor's list of stuff that's proven to work with what you have.
I've already got a link to the board you have, look at the sticks you have, then the chip you have and see if what you've got is listed. If not then I'd suggest swapping them out for a set that is listed. Make sure you look at at ALL the info of the stick's model number/specs.

Support For X470 GAMING PLUS MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

Just click on the compatability tab and go by what's listed for your sticks and CPU.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

4 hours ago, carsonbogart said:

AMD Athlon(tm) x2 259 Processor also If I fix the Bios will this make the ram light issue go away?

re: processor I don’t know if that board can run that processor or not.  If it can (needs to be looked up) one might be able to put that processor I. The new motherboard and use it to update to the correct bios.   If it can’t the way to go would be that mail in cpu kit thing mentioned earlier. 

Re: ram Might, might not.  One elephant at a time.  The problem is the cpu thing might not be the problem, or it might not be the only problem. Got to make one bit at a time known good and see what happens.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Ok I will wait for the boot kit to arrive thank you

• 2 weeks later...

ok I got the boot kit and put it in still got the same error the boot kit was a athlon 200ge

Then that makes it a wash - RMA the board and be done with it instead of continuing to worry about it all.

That means to return it under warranty.
Check on the procedure and follow the steps for doing an RMA. Chances are you'll have to shoot either MSI or the vendor you got it from an Email requesting a replacement board due to it being defective. Let them know and even provide proof you've already tried a boot kit from AMD and it still doesn't work. You can also try contacting them by phone too (MSI or the vendor) and the person you speak with should tell you the RMA process they use - Follow the steps and chances are you'll be fine.

Just know some vendors and manufactuers are stubborn about accepting an RMA, ASRock is one known for having horrible customer service but maybe MSI will do better if you have to go that route.

Let us know how it goes and I hope they will help you.

Good luck.

I found the solution after replacing almost every part

It was the POWER SUPPLY there must have been a minimum wattage thing