Is there some sort of adapter that could get my phones storage into my computer?

Is there some sort of adapter that could get my phones storage into my computer? and even if there was, would the need for formatting just ruin it? I have a phone that has a broken display. The phone shows signs of life via a light at the top that shows when it's charging or getting a notification. I decided i was gonna boot it into recovery mode, but since it was technically powered on... yeah it didnt work. If there are alternative solutions, please help out.

Generally speaking a usb cable is the only "adapter" you'd need for this, but by default I'm not aware of any phone that makes itself browseable just by plugging it in.  You generally have to unlock the phone and accept the connection, which I understand may be impossible in this situation.  If possible you could consider having the screen repaired, if the data is worth it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Stock recoveries won't allow access to internal storage, only aftermarket ones like TWRP will and I believe it's the only one that will connect to MTP automatically without confirmation.

There was only a certain period of Android devices where they would automatically enable storage access upon connecting to a PC, when they first switched from USB mass storage to MTP. However, due to security risks of this with public USB outlets at airports and whatnot, this quickly became frowned upon and now pretty much all devices require user confirmation in order to enable phone storage to be seen by a host device.

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

just fix the display

i considered this but its a pretty... crappy phone. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a cheaper alternative before i completely just forgot about it.

9 minutes ago, DiegoProductions said:

crappy phone

how crappy, probably less than $20 if bought here, even cheaper if you get it straight from good ol' China (aliexpress).  I guess it really depends on how badly and how fast you need whatever is on the phone