Need A Pair Of Headphones.

MoistGamer69

So I was thinking about the getting the HyperX Cloud Flight because I wanted a wireless headset. I saw many good reviews about it including Z Reviews. I was about to buy it until I saw the LTT video on wireless headphones. Regardless of the many good reviews somehow this one negative review outweighed those. Now I'm just confused as to what to get. I really care about the sound quality because I listen to a lot music alongside gaming. I also want a decent microphone. They don't have to be wireless or gaming. I'm fine with headphones paired with the boom pro mic as long I don't need an AMP or a DAC. Please let me know if the cloud flights are worth it or suggest me a good pair of headsets/headphones within $150. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i dont know about mic but i found  that the philips shp9500 or the x2hr are really good headphones for like decent price. i think the shps are like 75 ish and the x2hr from when i bought it was like 120. if you get the shps then you could spend the other 75 on like a separate mic or something idk. they are wired though not wireless. 

9 hours ago, FroboSama said:

i dont know about mic but i found  that the philips shp9500 or the x2hr are really good headphones for like decent price. i think the shps are like 75 ish and the x2hr from when i bought it was like 120. if you get the shps then you could spend the other 75 on like a separate mic or something idk. they are wired though not wireless. 

Wired is fine thanks for the help I'll look into these.

I love the Status Audio CB-1 headphones, they aren't really meant for gaming as they are for studio work so they sound great, but they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used by a landslide and sound way better than anything else in its price range at 55$. No mic, but if you're cool with the boom pro mic then its no big deal. If you really want a more gaming headset then you could go with the hyperx cloud II pro wired headset, they sound good for a gaming headset and include a good mic, but aren't as comfortable as the CB-1 from Status Audio. Both options cost around $100 USD (assuming you get a boom pro mic with the CB-1). I would suggest going with the CB-1 but I'm biased as they are my daily driver but I'm sure whatever you decide will work out great. 

If you use the massdrop first time buyer coupon they email you when you sign up you can get the Sennheiser hd 58x pretty excellent headphone for gaming no need for amp and DAC to make sound good.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

If you use the massdrop first time buyer coupon they email you when you sign up you can get the Sennheiser hd 58x pretty excellent headphone for gaming no need for amp and DAC to make sound good.

I looked up the HD58X and apparently they have an impedance of 150 ohms. Wouldn't that require an AMP? Thanks for the help though.

3 minutes ago, MoistGamer69 said:

I looked up the HD58X and apparently they have an impedance of 150 ohms. Wouldn't that require an AMP? Thanks for the help though.

No not in this case as it's a very efficient headphone. I can run it fine off my laptop or phone.

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

No not in this case as it's a very efficient headphone. I can run it fine off my laptop or phone.

Oh okay thanks. But the problem is, according to the massdrop price, even with the $10 coupon plus the boom pro it'll still be almost $200 which is out of my budget. But thanks anyways :)

55 minutes ago, MoistGamer69 said:

Oh okay thanks. But the problem is, according to the massdrop price, even with the $10 coupon plus the boom pro it'll still be almost $200 which is out of my budget. But thanks anyways :)

I dont think you can use them with the boompro anyway.