Cpu help needed

I have a duel core amd a4 4020 and i want to pair it with a gtx 1650. Will i be able to play AAA titles without CPU bottleneck

it's a pretty low end cpu, but also not a very powerful gpu. you'll be fine to get like 30-40fps in AAA games.

2 minutes ago, Hawkraider said:

I have a duel core amd a4 4020 and i want to pair it with a gtx 1650. Will i be able to play AAA titles without CPU bottleneck

the recommended processor for that gpu is a Intel Core i5-8400 6-Core 2.8GHz, but you should be able to just barely skip by depending on the game

6 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

the recommended processor for that gpu is a Intel Core i5-8400 6-Core 2.8GHz, but you should be able to just barely skip by depending on the game

The recommended cpu for that gpu ?! 

That is bull shit 

An athlon 3000g would pair extremely nicely with no bottleneck with that GPU 

Where did you get that from ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The recommended cpu for that gpu ?! 

That is bull shit 

An athlon 3000g would pair extremely nicely with no bottleneck with that GPU 

Where did you get that from ?

https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=4094&gid2=3876&compare=Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650-vs-AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

it may be a 6 core, but its definitely on the low end of 6 core cpu's and im sure some quad cores are more powerful.

game debate is the usual website i use for quick cpu and gpu comparing.

Just now, GoodEnough said:

game debate is the usual website i use for quick cpu and gpu comparing.

Never heard of them 

Probably some company that has no experience with hard ware and is just spitting shit 

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

it may be a 6 core, but its definitely on the low end of 6 core cpu's and im sure some quad cores are more powerful.

No it's not ? 

It still has *6 CORES* and a VERY good ipc count 

Certainly was a really good competitor against the 2600 

And it probably has a better imc that 90% of ryzen cpus

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Never heard of them 

Probably some company that has no experience with hard ware and is just spitting shit 

No it's not ? 

It still has *6 CORES* and a VERY good ipc count 

Certainly was a really good competitor against the 2600 

And it probably has a better imc that 90% of ryzen cpus

a 2600 is only around $125 and has twice the threads

a 2600 is only around $125 and has twice the threads

That's not the point here 

The point is that a 1650's pair isn't "at least an 8400"

It doesn't work that way 

And an 8400 isn't a "low end 6 core" lmao 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

That's not the point here 

The point is that a 1650's pair isn't "at least an 8400"

It doesn't work that way 

And an 8400 isn't a "low end 6 core" lmao 

when did i say you need at least a 8400, it really just depends on what your going to use the gpu for.

and i didnt mean to say its a low end 6 core, its 7:30 am and i still havent gone to bed yet.

and i already said that he could skip by on that duo core apu depending on the game lol

and i already said that he could skip by on that duo core apu depending on the game lol

Yes I know but what I wanted to say is that a "recommend cpu for X GPU" doesn't make sense 😜

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yes I know but what I wanted to say is that a "recommend cpu for X GPU" doesn't make sense 😜

its recommended if you want to use the most out of the gpu in ALL situations, thats why the recommended is something pretty overkill. people tend to act like if you dont have a $500+ cpu its not good enough.

i find it hard to believe that in most situations you would ever need anything much better than a r5 2600, at least thats the case in the gaming industry.