Please help, would love some feedback!

Budget (including currency): around $1600, taxes included, ideally

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: big AAA titles and any other game in general, VR, streaming games/music performance, Photoshop, light video editing, DAWs and VSTs like Pro Tools, Reason, EZDrummer

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cimage/saved/h46fP6. First PC build, plan on buying in the next couple of months. Would like to play games at settings up to 4k (2k compromise for some) @ a minimum refresh rate of 144hz. 

Hi guys! I'm a noob here, like many others, and I'm trying to build my first high end gaming PC that also will handle other tasks, as it states above. I've done almost 2 weeks of research and I think I've got everything right for what I want, but I just wanna make sure everything is compatible and that everything will stay cool and produce very low noise, especially for whenever I record music. And I wanna make sure I won't have to upgrade anything with this build for several years, at least. I also will be putting in a WiFi card, if that's important here.

In addition, there are just a few more things specifically, that I'm trying to figure out. The first thing is the gpu. I definitely want the 2080 Super, but I'm not sure which brand and model I should get. I've seen different reviews of several, but everyone seems to have slightly opposing opinions of each one, so I don't know who to trust, really. Is the one I chose of good quality/high performance and will it keep temps and noise levels down? Or should I consider a different one? I'm ok with spending maybe $50 or $60 USD more on this chipset if it means buying a better version, overall, in terms of what I'm looking for. 

Next is the motherboard. The case I chose has 2 USB 3.0 connections, but the mobo I listed has 3.2 headers, so will I still be able to use those ports? I'm guessing I will since technically, 3.2 is just an upgrade in the 3.0 "line" and they seem to fit the same way. Am I wrong? Also, are the headers and mobo compatible with all the other parts?

Finally, the psu. I've used online power calculators from different websites and watched a few YouTube vids on this, but I'm not sure how reliable those are and just wanna know, is there a cheaper, better quality alternative? Is this one overkill or just the right amount of watts? I at least think the amount of watts isn't too low. And will it stay relatively cool and quiet?

I sincerly hope to hear back from the community on these things. I know it's a lot but I just wanna make sure everything works fantastically without issue before I build it, that it will be a good quality, high performing machine with great thermals and little noise, that will pretty much handle anything I throw at it, and will remain future-proof for a long time. And that I won't have any regrets. If you see anything that could be better and/or save me money without compromising the build's integrity, please let me know. Really do appreciate your thoughts! If you need more info, just let me know. Thanks so much!

looks good, enjoy. i'd get a mid-range air cooler for the cpu to reduce the noise and allow it to boost a bit higher. an arctic freezer 34 duo should do it.

24 minutes ago, cimage said:

The case I chose has 2 USB 3.0 connections, but the mobo I listed has 3.2 headers, so will I still be able to use those ports? I'm guessing I will since technically, 3.2 is just an upgrade in the 3.0 "line" and they seem to fit the same way. Am I wrong? Also, are the headers and mobo compatible with all the other parts

USB underwent some serious transformations, the name changed from 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 gen 2, so you're dealing with the same thing.

Finally, the psu. I've used online power calculators from different websites and watched a few YouTube vids on this, but I'm not sure how reliable those are and just wanna know, is there a cheaper, better quality alternative? Is this one overkill or just the right amount of watts? I at least think the amount of watts isn't too low. And will it stay relatively cool and quiet?

PSU calcs are lame, turns out YouTubers don't really know anything about power supplies. 

In general, a good 550 watt PSU will power any rig you throw at it. Check my signature down below and click my power supply for the PSU tier list, grab yourself something from tier A or B+

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

USB underwent some serious transformations, the name changed from 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 gen 2, so you're dealing with the same thing.

PSU calcs are lame, turns out YouTubers don't really know anything about power supplies. 

In general, a good 550 watt PSU will power any rig you throw at it. Check my signature down below and click my power supply for the PSU tier list, grab yourself something from tier A or B+

Dude, this is awesome! I checked out your thread about psu misconceptions as well, that and the tier list is exactly what I needed to see. Thank you so much! I went ahead and changed the psu to the Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550w 80+ Gold, and it saved me like $100! That'll definitely help cover shipping and any taxes for sure 💯. I'm assuming this psu is still compatible and will be highly effective with everything else in my build?

Just now, cimage said:

I'm assuming this psu is still compatible and will be highly effective with everything else in my build?

Yep, everything on the tier list adheres to the ATX standard, so they all use the same plugs.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

looks good, enjoy. i'd get a mid-range air cooler for the cpu to reduce the noise and allow it to boost a bit higher. an arctic freezer 34 duo should do it.

Thanks, man, really appreciate the input! Interesting. I've heard the Wraith Prism stock cooler works fine, and I intend on replacing the front case fan with 2 140mm fans, and maybe adding a 120mm for the top rear. Will this not yield me about the same results as the duo for thermals and noise?

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yep, everything on the tier list adheres to the ATX standard, so they all use the same plugs.

Fantastic! Very much appreciated!

1 hour ago, cimage said:

Thanks, man, really appreciate the input! Interesting. I've heard the Wraith Prism stock cooler works fine, and I intend on replacing the front case fan with 2 140mm fans, and maybe adding a 120mm for the top rear. Will this not yield me about the same results as the duo for thermals and noise?

not really, you're better off with the stock case fans and a cpu cooler. yes it works fine and it can keep temps under control, but it's loud.

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

not really, you're better off with the stock case fans and a cpu cooler. yes it works fine and it can keep temps under control, but it's loud.

Alright, thanks for the tip! I'll look into that cooler for sure.

7 minutes ago, cimage said:

Alright, thanks for the tip! I'll look into that cooler for sure.

Hey, let me ask you, do you know of any rgb cooler that would work just as well as the duo? If there's not really a good one out there that's as affordable, then that's fine. I understand the aesthetic is not as important as the functionality of the build, but I wanted to check.

9 hours ago, cimage said:

Hey, let me ask you, do you know of any rgb cooler that would work just as well as the duo? If there's not really a good one out there that's as affordable, then that's fine. I understand the aesthetic is not as important as the functionality of the build, but I wanted to check.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VmMwrH/deepcool-neptwin-rgb-565-cfm-cpu-cooler-neptwin-rgb