GTX 1080 + i9 8950hk + 32GB ram low fps in all games

Manchurian

Hi all, 

It’s driving me crazy cant enjoy any game cause they all dip. Even old games as Black Ops will dip below 60 fps. Ive got the Alienware 17R5.
Even when I’m doing nothing the CPU fans start spinning really hard. I got 32GB ram running at 2666mhz

I thank you all in advance

39539F09-BA58-4673-BB2B-C3F5782F5384.jpeg

DFB55E2F-52C0-4CC5-813B-96DC8B8C0AA0.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like its thermal throttling, your CPU temps are nearly hitting 100C, in fact, in your sensor program it even states that all 6 cores are throttling down. Since it's a laptop, if it will let you, you might want to try turning the boost frequency down from 4.8GHz, I barely have the courage to push my desktop past 4.8 personally. Have you overclocked the CPU at all?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

6 minutes ago, bengeoghegan11 said:

Looks like its thermal throttling, your CPU temps are nearly hitting 100C, in fact, in your sensor program it even states that all 6 cores are throttling down. Since it's a laptop, if it will let you, you might want to try turning the boost frequency down from 4.8GHz, I barely have the courage to push my desktop past 4.8 personally. Have you overclocked the CPU at all?

In the Alienware command center I put it down to 4.3GHz just now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not reasonable to have above 10% use when you are idle. Something might be running on there background. If you can't find anything running on task manager, you can try antivirus or reset PC.

4 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

Not reasonable to have above 10% use when you are idle. Something might be running on there background. If you can't find anything running on task manager, you can try antivirus or reset PC.

The fans get really loud when idle too..go quiet for a few minutes than take off again.

2 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

The fans get really loud when idle too..go quiet for a few minutes than take off again.

I told you, something is running on the background, so malware most probably. Oh! If it's a laptop you have to clean it as well! Maybe a fan is blocked by dust. I ve had a similar problem once

4 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

I told you, something is running on the background, so malware most probably. Oh! If it's a laptop you have to clean it as well! Maybe a fan is blocked by dust. I ve had a similar problem once

I’m resetting the laptop erasing everything on the drive. I will see if it helps. I also ordered Grizzly thermal paste, will arrive today.

Even when the laptop is resetting the fans go loud 😷😷

4 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

I’m resetting the laptop erasing everything on the drive. I will see if it helps. I also ordered Grizzly thermal paste, will arrive today.

Even when the laptop is resetting the fans go loud 😷😷

61234759141__BE2CB217-4D36-4CF5-9AE1-1E0BE9174137.MOV

Let's hope it's not a hardware issues good luck

1 hour ago, Manchurian said:

<snip>

Lowering the frequency without lowering the voltage will do nothing. Set that voltage slider to 1v and frequency to 4.3GHz and try again. What resolution is your screen?

31 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Lowering the frequency without lowering the voltage will do nothing. Set that voltage slider to 1v and frequency to 4.3GHz and try again. What resolution is your screen?

My screen is a 1440p screen

These are my temps now after a clean install. 

17240FCB-EEE2-4567-A7A5-8FE93C3707B1.jpeg

I fixed it! Got stable Fps 60+ in all games now! Thanks everyone