Extreme underperformance

I have a somewhat decent gaming laptop that is under performing due to such low gpu usage (9%-30% while gaming) and high cpu usage (80%-90% while gaming). It has 16 gb of ddr4 ram at 2600mhz, I7 7700Hq 2.7ghz, Gtx 1050ti 4gb vram and every single game i play it under performs severely. I have done just about anything to fix this besides going to my local micro center witch i kinda the last option because money is a little tight right now. I have overclocked, undervolted, configured NVIDIA control panel, installed latest drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, factory reset the laptop. My temps are really high cpu can hit upwards of 87C and gpu no higher than 85C. Now when i say underperforming i mean fortnite on lowest settings possible running at 40fps, Gta 5 running at 20fps low settings. My friend has a laptop with the exact same specs as mine but seems to run fortnite lowest settings at 140-160 fps constant Gta 5 online medium 60-50fps. I have looked every where and the solution i find is to factory reset the pc or to install new drivers and tweak nvidia control panel. I have done each of these multiple times and nothing has worked. Does anyone know whats could be happening. Anyways thank you all.    

You are making sure you are using the GPU and not the IGPU on the Intel chip right? This would be done under the Nvidia control panel and choosing what applications do what. Select high performance and it should work just fine :)

That is definately what Shimejii said, Fortnite is selecting the integrated graphics, rather than the 1050ti..... to fix it:

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".

2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.

3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.

4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list.

And you should be good to go....if not....hmmmm

Consultant by day, terrible youtuber by night.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDr_uxt6MSeUTsd8hmDOXw