How do I correctly update BIOS?

Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

That looks correct except for one step. Before updating to F40, gigabyte’s website says, “Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU”.

Motherboard: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0)

BIOS list: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I'm currently on BIOS F1 (the very first one, bottom on the list), I haven't updated it in fear of bricking my motherboard on accident or something like that.

By reading the instructions on that page it seems like I should do the following:

1) Install latest AMD Chipset Driver

2) Install F32 directly from F1

3) Install F40

4) Install F50 directly from F40

1) Could someone reassure me that my steps seem to be right? (please check the BIOS list instructions)

2) how do I go about updating my BIOS without messing up?

Thank you very much :)

contact gigabyte and ask what the correct steps are. if something goes wrong, you can say that I followed steps that were given by the support team. 

That looks correct except for one step. Before updating to F40, gigabyte’s website says, “Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU”.