Call for data!!! Looking for volunteers to run the openssl speed benchmark

The TL;DR:

I'm looking for volunteers to run the following command using any Linux distribution, on ANY processor:

openssl speed 2>&1 | tee OS_kernel_processor_motherboard_memcap_memspeed_openssl_results.txt

Please fill in for your fields.

I'm looking for some data to compile into a spreadsheet that then I will try and see if I can perform some statistical analysis against to see if I can come to some sort of conclusions about processors and hashing performance as apparently, hashing it used as a part of other systems and/or software (like for storage such as ZFS).

If you don't mind uploading your data here so that I can collect it and collate all of the community supplied data, that would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't have a Linux distro running and would still like to contribute, you can pretty much google and download ANY Linux distro that provides a "Live CD" on a USB key and you can run it with that.

For those that may not be familiar with Linux, please note that by default, when you open up a terminal, it will put you results into your home directory.

If you want to put it on your Desktop so that it would make it easier for you to get to (to upload), please run this:

cd Desktop

openssl speed 2>&1 | tee OS_kernel_processor_motherboard_memcap_memspeed_openssl_results.txt

And that will put the results on your Desktop.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

For those that want the in-depth, technical review/discussion, you can read the thread over at Level1Tech forums here: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/whats-the-fastest-processor-for-single-threaded-single-process-of-running-sha256sum/157464

There's a LOT of more in-depth technical information there as well as the background and technical reasoning for why I am asking/calling for community supplied data.

Thank you, everybody.

IB >>> ETH

so you want me to put my hardware & OS info in the filename?

1 hour ago, foldingNoob said:

so you want me to put my hardware & OS info in the filename?

Yes, please.

Thank you.

IB >>> ETH

Note:

If you have overclocked your processor, if you can please let me know either in the name of the file and/or a comment here and/or a message to me.

As long as that's communicated to me somehow, I will make a note of it as I am collecting and collating all of the data.

I have found that apparently no one seems to run the openssl benchmark (which isn't terribly difficult to run), so I am pulling the data together myself with the help of the community.

Thank you.

IB >>> ETH

Should I re-run it on my 3970X? This iteration seems much longer. (I did it on level1 the other day)

13 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Should I re-run it on my 3970X? This iteration seems much longer. (I did it on level1 the other day)

Yes please, if you don't mind.

I think that you only ran openssl speed sha256 originally, but now I am trying to collect data for the entire run so that I can compile it into a little write up, so if you don't mind running it again, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

IB >>> ETH

7 minutes ago, alpha754293 said:

Yes please, if you don't mind.

I think that you only ran openssl speed sha256 originally, but now I am trying to collect data for the entire run so that I can compile it into a little write up, so if you don't mind running it again, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ok. Also added my 7980XE system. That one is OC'd to all core 4.7GHz if that wasn't clear from the file.

Pop2004_5.4.0_3970X_Z2E_128GB_2600_openssl_results.txt Pop2004_5.3_7980XE4.7ghzallcore_x299Dark_64GB_3600_openssl_results.txt