First pc build, any thoughts

Budget (including currency): $2200 AUD (full setup)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming, schoolwork, some light graphic design

Other details: CPU: ryzen 5 3600

.                         GPU: sapphire pulse rx 5700xt

.                         RAM: teamforce 16gb 3200mhz rgb ram

.                         HDD: 2tb seagate 7200rpm

.                          Ssd: wd green 500gb nvme ssd

.                         CASE: p400a digital

.                         Cooler: 3600 stock cooler

.                         Mobo: b450 tomohak max

.                          Keyboard:fnatics streak with mx reds

.                          Mouse: fnatics clutch 2

.                          Main monitor: viewsonic 1440p 144hz ips 1ms 27"

.                          2nd monitor: kogan 22" 1080p 75hz ips 2ms 

.                          Speakers: creative pebble 2.0

.                          Headset: steelseries arctics 3

i was thinking wbout dropping the 2nd monitor the get the 3700x but idk if i should so can someone tell me if i should keep the 2nd monitor and have a 3600 or drop the 2nd monitor and get a 3700x. Also tell me if i should change something in this setup/pc build, thx

5 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming, schoolwork, some light graphic design

i was thinking wbout dropping the 2nd monitor the get the 3700x but idk if i should so can someone tell me if i should keep the 2nd monitor and have a 3600 or drop the 2nd monitor and get a 3700x. Also tell me if i should change something in this setup/pc build, thx

I personally would prefer 2 monitors.   One for gaming and the other for videos/research/etc... about the game I am playing or just having discord up and running on the second screen.   That is just my opinion.

However, do you feel the schoolwork, games, and/or graphic design will be better handled by the 3700x?  

1 minute ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

No because australia pc part picker has only a few shops which are so expensive

Just use the US pc part picker site (us.partpicker.com) or any other country.   Just say that you are providing the list and to ignore costs.

To me your build looks pretty sound. I'll make a few notes at the end of my comment but feel free to ignore them.

2nd Screen is 100% worthwhile investment, I game, I use blender and photoshop a tiny bit and I work in IT. You won't notice how useful a second screen is till it's taken away and then you'll need one forever 😛

My preference for gaming in Nvidia as many games still attempt to accommodate them. So if i got a gd price id swap the AMD graphics for a 2060 super which seem comparable in price and performance. 
 https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4049vs4045

Personally i would screw the RGB and cable management and go for Corsair Carbide 275R case. Saving a little money but it apparently has good airflow but i like my case heard not seen lol :

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/best-pc-case/

6 minutes ago, RobinD said:

To me your build looks pretty sound. I'll make a few notes at the end of my comment but feel free to ignore them.

2nd Screen is 100% worthwhile investment, I game, I use blender and photoshop a tiny bit and I work in IT. You won't notice how useful a second screen is till it's taken away and then you'll need one forever 😛

My preference for gaming in Nvidia as many games still attempt to accommodate them. So if i got a gd price id swap the AMD graphics for a 2060 super which seem comparable in price and performance. 
 https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4049vs4045

I use a cheap vizio tv for my second monitor and I have no problems with that. Its a 1080p screen and is about the same size as my main monitor. I used it as a gaming monitor for a long time with no real issues, even playing melee where response time and refresh rate matters for online play, I still played decent. So I have no problem recommending a second monitor being a TV for someone on a small budget

33 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

I would go 3700x. Also for GPU AMD is cool and all but the 1660 super might be a better choice. I am a fan of having 2 monitors but I use a $150 vizio tv and I have no problems. If you can be patient on this build I would wait for the b550 boards in june/july also waiting might mean cheaper prices and more things will be in stock. Stock is very limited right now. If you're going to go with the 3700x you might look into 3600 ram and try and find something with a CAS of 18 or lower. 
You're missing a PSU on here. Do not cheap out on the PSU. That is something worth going a little bit overboard on as a PSU will last you for many systems if you don't cheap out. 

8 minutes ago, x9x9x9x9x9 said:

I use a cheap vizio tv for my second monitor and I have no problems with that. Its a 1080p screen and is about the same size as my main monitor. I used it as a gaming monitor for a long time with no real issues, even playing melee where response time and refresh rate matters for online play, I still played decent. So I have no problem recommending a second monitor being a TV for someone on a small budget

True,  Colour accuracy/gaming can be done on a better spec screen and then have a low spec as a 2nd. As long as your happy to work this into your flow this works well.

TVs are good on a budget but they dont have the inputs you might want and the bigger they are the more they will drain your resources. This is not what i would call a small budget xD I think he can squeeze a screen in there for a £1200 (2200AUD)

5 minutes ago, x9x9x9x9x9 said:

I would go 3700x. Also for GPU AMD is cool and all but the 1660 super might be a better choice. I am a fan of having 2 monitors but I use a $150 vizio tv and I have no problems. If you can be patient on this build I would wait for the b550 boards in june/july also waiting might mean cheaper prices and more things will be in stock. Stock is very limited right now. If you're going to go with the 3700x you might look into 3600 ram and try and find something with a CAS of 18 or lower. 
You're missing a PSU on here. Do not cheap out on the PSU. That is something worth going a little bit overboard on as a PSU will last you for many systems if you don't cheap out. 

Just to give OP some context to the B550 board suggestion

b450 will support ryzen 4000 (next gen) but will not support the generation after. According to AMD press release earlier this week. 

The B550 will replace it and will most likely cover the whole amd ryzen range possible for many generations to come. Allowing for further upgradeabilty 

11 minutes ago, x9x9x9x9x9 said:

The second monitor is $119 AUD, we do have a small soniq tv but my brother is using it as his monitor, so i cant use that, also why 1660 super, its not even in the same tier as 5700xt

1 hour ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

The second monitor is $119 AUD, we do have a small soniq tv but my brother is using it as his monitor, so i cant use that, also why 1660 super, its not even in the same tier as 5700xt

AMD drivers. I'm rocking a rx580 right now on a 3700x with out any issues but i do keep having weird problems where the fans kick on a full speed randomly doing basic tasks. An RTX2080 super or ti would be the best option right now but with the 3000 series coming very soon going with a 1660 super for now and then getting either a 2080 super or ti when the 30 series drops or just picking up a 30 series card might be better. 

1 hour ago, RobinD said:

Just to give OP some context to the B550 board suggestion

b450 will support ryzen 4000 (next gen) but will not support the generation after. According to AMD press release earlier this week. 

The B550 will replace it and will most likely cover the whole amd ryzen range possible for many generations to come. Allowing for further upgradeabilty 

Exactly also pcie 4 isn't bad to have. Basically if you can wait till june/july to build a rig then you should be able to build a beast. But right now we are in a weird period.

4 hours ago, x9x9x9x9x9 said:

1660 super might be a better choice

What? That’s a huge downgrade in GOU performance. 

17 hours ago, gloop said:

What? That’s a huge downgrade in GOU performance. 

I for some reason blanked when typing that. I meant to say 1660 and wait for the rtx30 series. Plus AMD's drivers are still questionable.

WOW I just realized the 5700xt is not the card I thought it was. I don''t know if I was thinking of the radeon 7 or what. I still stand by my wait to buy a good card statement and AMD drivers aren't the greatest (yet). You could go budget card until the rtx30 series and the next AMD cards drop though. I guess that was more the point I was trying to make.