need help determining value of an old PSU (750w, 80+ gold cert)

AoutoCooper

first of all, i'm sorry if my question has an answer in one of the stickies, i just can't understand the tech terms. if anybody here can explain, i'll be very happy to learn. 

hello everybody, it's been a long time since i bought my computer parts and i want to know if my PSU is still relevant today.since i'm having trouble understanding the terms on the tier lists i would like to ask specifically. 

ryzen 3900x with 5700 XT build. according to power consumption calculations i don't seem to need more than 550~600 watts. my current PSU exceeds that (@ 750w with 80 plus gold certification), but since it is 7 years old i want to make sure i don't miss any new technology it might not support, if that even works like that on PSUs. 

model: Seasonic S12G-750. 750 watts, 80 plus Gold.

also added a picture with information on the PSU itself. 

IMAG1264.jpg

Its on the PSU tier list on B+ so it should be fine... but after 7 years you could think about an upgrade just because the age but it should be fine for now

36 minutes ago, AoutoCooper said:

first of all, i'm sorry if my question has an answer in one of the stickies, i just can't understand the tech terms. if anybody here can explain, i'll be very happy to learn. 

hello everybody, it's been a long time since i bought my computer parts and i want to know if my PSU is still relevant today.since i'm having trouble understanding the terms on the tier lists i would like to ask specifically. 

ryzen 3900x with 5700 XT build. according to power consumption calculations i don't seem to need more than 550~600 watts. my current PSU exceeds that (@ 750w with 80 plus gold certification), but since it is 7 years old i want to make sure i don't miss any new technology it might not support, if that even works like that on PSUs. 

IMAG1264.jpg

It's still a good psu but after 7 years I do advice a replacement as psu's lose their strength over time.

A psu won’t be any weaker than when you first got it, just at greater risk of blowing up. That said it’s really unlikely, but pushing 10 for me is a bit too much.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

41 minutes ago, AoutoCooper said:

You don't need to change it, but if your build is all new you might as well sell this as used and get a new one. Technology wise not PSUs are still pretty much the same, with rgb controllers.

1 minute ago, Jumballi said:

A psu won’t be any weaker than when you first got it, just at greater risk of blowing up. That said it’s really unlikely, but pushing 10 for me is a bit too much.

Blowing up is a bit extreme..

And it depends on the PSU. I still use a SuperNova 1000W P2, which came with a 10 years warranty in fact and it's very likely to outlive that by far.

thanks a lot guys! it came with a 5 year warranty so i guess i'll stick to it for now.