One nut is missing x62 would it cause any issue?

Hello,

I have installed my x62 a week ago, one nut was missing i lost that nut, three nuts are installed, one is missing, first of all would it cause any problem?? Secondly where can i find these nuts, can you link to any store.

Would be thankful for your help!

Thanks!

99295066_665181644333191_4238845989135319040_n.jpg

Most likely it's fine, but can cause uneven pressure and therefore uneven cooling performance (e.g. one core could be seeing higher temps).

You can use any nut, that has same diameter and thread size (looks like M4 screw maybe, don't quote me on that). I'm quite sure it's not some proprietary size, so you can find a suitable nut in any hardware store. But finding same nut as the others are, that might be a bit more difficult, not sure how easy they are to find.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

10 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

Hello,

I have installed my x62 a week ago, one nut was missing i lost that nut, three nuts are installed, one is missing, first of all would it cause any problem?? Secondly where can i find these nuts, can you link to any store.

Would be thankful for your help!

Thanks!

99295066_665181644333191_4238845989135319040_n.jpg

You will not be able to find these particular nuts at a store, but you can find the thread for the backplate.

I can't tell if this is on an AMD or an Intel platform, and they use different threads.

Its very easy to jerry rig a CPU cooler. My CPU waterblock for my custom loop arrived with shitty threads on the posts, so I made my own. All it takes is the same thread as the backplate.

Cheers.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

14 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

You will not be able to find these particular nuts at a store, but you can find the thread for the backplate.

I can't tell if this is on an AMD or an Intel platform, and they use different threads.

Its very easy to jerry rig a CPU cooler. My CPU waterblock for my custom loop arrived with shitty threads on the posts, so I made my own. All it takes is the same thread as the backplate.

Cheers.

I got you, you are absolutely right and great idea, but i am wondering to just getting this nut, don't even know the name of this nut, if i know, i'll find them for sure online. Do you know what they are called?

21 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Most likely it's fine, but can cause uneven pressure and therefore uneven cooling performance (e.g. one core could be seeing higher temps).

You can use any nut, that has same diameter and thread size (looks like M4 screw maybe, don't quote me on that). I'm quite sure it's not some proprietary size, so you can find a suitable nut in any hardware store. But finding same nut as the others are, that might be a bit more difficult, not sure how easy they are to find.

I can find them online, aliexpress etc, but what they are actually called. These nuts are same which are used in AIO from corsair.

Just now, affanmunir1 said:

I got you, you are absolutely right and great idea, but i am wondering to just getting this nut, don't even know the name of this nut, if i know, i'll find them for sure online. Do you know what they are called?

Not of the top of my head. Or without knowing if you are on intel or amd.

Of course, if you bought it new, you should just be able to email NZXT support and ask for another nut.

Worst case scenario they make you pay a dollar or two for shipping.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, jtmoseley said:

Not of the top of my head. Or without knowing if you are on intel or amd.

Of course, if you bought it new, you should just be able to email NZXT support and ask for another nut.

Worst case scenario they make you pay a dollar or two for shipping.

Its intel, apologies for not telling it before. Yes i'll email them, in the meantime if anyone could tell me the name of nut would be alot helpful.

1 minute ago, affanmunir1 said:

Its intel, apologies for not telling it before. Yes i'll email them, in the meantime if anyone could tell me the name of nut would be alot helpful.

If it was AMD I could tell you it off the top of my head. I don't know the intel one.

Just take the nut you have to your local hardware store and look for a matching thread. Shouldn't be that hard. I had to do that.

bump.. bump

Does anyone knows what nut/thumbscrew this is?? Kindly help out or give link to any store which have them

Thanks!!

8 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

bump.. bump

Does anyone knows what nut/thumbscrew this is?? Kindly help out or give link to any store which have them

Thanks!!

Your best bet would be to contact NZXT for a replacement set. If you want to just run to the hardware store or ideally a fastener supply house you can use just a regular Hex nut with the same threading, it should be 6-32 thread for those.For something similar look for a thumb screw nut they will have a variety of them, as long as the thread is correct it will work. 

For example: 

https://www.amazon.com/Morton-Stainless-Knurled-Thread-Diameter/dp/B00GKYTVE6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=6-32&qid=1590511819&s=industrial&sr=1-1

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Your best bet would be to contact NZXT for a replacement set. If you want to just run to the hardware store or ideally a fastener supply house you can use just a regular Hex nut with the same threading, it should be 6-32 thread for those.For something similar look for a thumb screw nut they will have a variety of them, as long as the thread is correct it will work. 

For example: 

https://www.amazon.com/Morton-Stainless-Knurled-Thread-Diameter/dp/B00GKYTVE6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=6-32&qid=1590511819&s=industrial&sr=1-1

Great idea, just wondering if one missing nut wouldn't cause any issue in cooling?

5 hours ago, affanmunir1 said:

Great idea, just wondering if one missing nut wouldn't cause any issue in cooling?

It won't apply pressure evenly and will affect it's cooling performance.