Potential Build for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Budget (including currency): ~1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Microsoft Flight Simulator (the upcoming 2020 one) and X-Plane 11 (Vulkan).

Other detailshttps://pcpartpicker.com/user/hymenopus/saved/n9gqpg is my current parts list. I have some SSDs and HDDs at home currently, that is the reason for the 250gb SSD I chose. 32gb of ram is necessary (well not necessary but very much ideal) for MFS and X-Plane. I use a 2560x1400 monitor, 75hz. By the time I've saved enough for this build (if I do decide to move forward with it), I may swap the 2080S for a "3080" and the Ryzen 7 3700X for a "4700X", but ideally the rest would stay the same

Note: I am not at all committed to purchasing a PC, I am just trying to get an idea of a "balanced" build for MFS and it's price.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Anyone have any suggestions for this build?

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

I have made a few updates to the build (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hymenopus/saved/n9gqpg). I am now very confident I will purchase this PC (with the upcoming Ryzen "3700XT"). Do the changes I made look ok? Very hard to find stuff in stock haha! Btw, I will wait for the RTX 3080 to come out (instead of the placeholder 2080S I have on the PCPartPicker list), and instead I will temporarily use an old RX580

• 1 month later...

I know this post is from back in May but if you haven't made the purchase yet…

- I would go with 3600 memory although admittedly that probably won't make a lot of difference

- I don't see any additional case fans or a 3rd party CPU cooler. You might want another case fan or two with that stock cooler, better ventilation might keep it from getting too noisy (keep the fan from ramping up)

MS FS 2020 will be out August 18th. Once it is released I am sure we will see lots of performance benchmarks. If you can wait until then, you should have a better idea of performance with you chosen hardware.

-kp

42 minutes ago, kpluck said:

I know this post is from back in May but if you haven't made the purchase yet…

- I would go with 3600 memory although admittedly that probably won't make a lot of difference

- I don't see any additional case fans or a 3rd party CPU cooler. You might want another case fan or two with that stock cooler, better ventilation might keep it from getting too noisy (keep the fan from ramping up)

MS FS 2020 will be out August 18th. Once it is released I am sure we will see lots of performance benchmarks. If you can wait until then, you should have a better idea of performance with you chosen hardware.

-kp

Yeah I ended up already building this PC. Don’t worry, I did not buy the GPU yet (waiting for next gen ones, friend loaned me an RX580). I will be getting an AIO soon so that is my rational for no case fans currently. I also swapped the motherboard for a B550 Tomahawk (original build was a X570 Gaming Plus)

44 minutes ago, kpluck said:

you should have a better idea of performance with you chosen hardware.

Based off the ideal specs requirements, this should run it super well! It falls above ideal in CPU and obviously the next gen GPUs will be better