Two different ram size sets

Hi all hope everone is well.

So ive recently thought about adding more ram and i currently have 16gb 3200 corsair lpx, i was wondering if there would be any issues of adding another 32gb to get 48gb total ram? Its the same exact same ram, same timings/speed/brand, i would just be running 8-8 on one duel channel and 16-16 on the other filling up all dim slots, Would this be ok?

thanks for reading!

(edit: before anyone asks why i need so much i do alot of work in adobe)

it will work in dual channel to the lowest common denominator - it will run in dual channel for 32gb (8 gb per stick) but after, any ram used will be in single channel from 32 to 48gb.  (basically) if one stick gets fully populated (say a 16gb stick) then 8gb of its info will be in dual, the balance in single (someone with more understanding will come by shortly Im sure and explain more if Im wrong

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

6 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

it will work in dual channel to the lowest common denominator - it will run in dual channel for 32gb (8 gb per stick) but after, any ram used will be in single channel from 32 to 48gb.  (basically) if one stick gets fully populated (say a 16gb stick) then 8gb of its info will be in dual, the balance in single (someone with more understanding will come by shortly Im sure and explain more if Im wrong

thanks for the informative reply, i had to re-read that 3 times before i understood what your saying. So basically if i have the following:

|    |    |   |

|    |    |   |

|    |    |   |

8 16 8 16

Then in all my ram sticks 8gb will be using duel channel, but 8gb of the 16gb sticks will be running in single? so i will essentially have 16gb out of my total memory running in single?

14 minutes ago, pasipapo said:

Hi all hope everone is well.

So ive recently thought about adding more ram and i currently have 16gb 3200 corsair lpx, i was wondering if there would be any issues of adding another 32gb to get 48gb total ram? Its the same exact same ram, same timings/speed/brand, i would just be running 8-8 on one duel channel and 16-16 on the other filling up all dim slots, Would this be ok?

thanks for reading!

(edit: before anyone asks why i need so much i do alot of work in adobe)

LPX ram sucks, and it's super unpredictable, and usually runs at lower than rated speeds, and higher-than rated CAS. Honestly adding another stick should be fine but some of the timings and speeds probably will be weird. Maybe consider just replacing everything for a 64gb kit.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

LPX ram sucks, and it's super unpredictable, and usually runs at lower than rated speeds, and higher-than rated CAS. Honestly adding another stick should be fine but some of the timings and speeds probably will be weird. Maybe consider just replacing everything for a 64gb kit.

I run them fine with xmp profile at 3200 but yeh i was debating on whether i should just swap it all for 64gb, money is kind of the problem though, i can just about afford the 32gb set. I might consider doing that next month as it seems getting 48gb total kind of gimps the duel channel for 1/3 of the total memory

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

so with that in mind its probably best to just stick with 32gb of evenly sized ram sticks, say 4x8gb, then perhaps upgrade to 64gb at a later time? (if i want to make the most out of it)