Silent Wings 3 anti vibration disassembling

Hey, 

I was just installing my new silent wings 3 in my case. I was using the anti vibration pads that came with the Fans, and then i noticed that a cable was too short to reach the motherboard pwm connector. So i wanted to mount them different so the cable would be long enough but the pins in the rubber vibration pads just wont come off. Does anyone know what to do in order to remove that pin?

11 minutes ago, Nils Witterhold said:

Hey, 

I was just installing my new silent wings 3 in my case. I was using the anti vibration pads that came with the Fans, and then i noticed that a cable was too short to reach the motherboard pwm connector. So i wanted to mount them different so the cable would be long enough but the pins in the rubber vibration pads just wont come off. Does anyone know what to do in order to remove that pin?

They need to be slide off in a specific direction, there is a tab that locks it in place. 

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

be quiet silent wings 3 fans_7

Edited by W-L

1 minute ago, W-L said:

They need to be slide off in a specific direction, there is a tab that locks it in place. 

Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

Thank you for the fast reply. I know how to get the whole thing off its just the pins that hold the fan to the case that wont come off. They clip into the anti vibration pads but they wont Clip out again.

Just now, Nils Witterhold said:

Thank you for the fast reply. I know how to get the whole thing off its just the pins that hold the fan to the case that wont come off. They clip into the anti vibration pads but they wont Clip out again.

Oh the actual pins like these? They should be able to pull back out long as you pull with even force on the head of the pin. If you have a pry tool on both side and evenly apply pressure it should release. 

SEGuYMVl.jpg