Trouble with SSD & Ableton

Ok so here's the issue...

I have recently just purchased Ableton Live Suite 10, with a new 1TB SSD. 

My PC currently holds a 120GB SSD (with my OS on) and a 1TB HDD (to store other files, games, work etc).

So, I install my new SSD and format it into my system. As the old SSD is nearly full, showing a red bar on 'this pc'. Anyway, I come to install Ableton and I definitely choose the correct location for install, on my new, empty SSD. But every time I do so, the installer tells me that I'm trying to install it on my nearly full Cdrive. Which I stress again, am not. 

It's really starting to make me lose the will to live, as Ableton was expensive and being stuck not being able (pun unintended) to download it is starting to really grind my gears. 

The way I see it, I have two options. 

1. Try and replicate my OS files onto my new SSD, if I can? Is it possible to turn another drive into the OS one?

2. Install OS onto new empty SSD, then wipe the old one. Is this possible now I've already formatted it into the PC?

What should I do?

A lot of programs won't install on drives other than the OS one, so either make room by moving any personal data to the new drive or wipe the new drive and clone the old drive onto it transfer the OS.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Yeah I've been using ableton for a couple years. When you install Ableton it automatically takes the C drive as your VST and plugins location and if that is full it gives you that message. I seriously recommend that you offload as much from your 120 GB SSD because when they fill up they get really really slow.

Good Luck! :)  

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

54 minutes ago, phoon said:

Yeah I've been using ableton for a couple years. When you install Ableton it automatically takes the C drive as your VST and plugins location and if that is full it gives you that message. I seriously recommend that you offload as much from your 120 GB SSD because when they fill up they get really really slow.

Good Luck! :)  

Do you think I should jus offload? Or copy the OS to the new drive?

Thankyou :) 

3 minutes ago, Shields said:

Do you think I should jus offload? Or copy the OS to the new drive?

Thankyou :) 

If you can clone to the new SSD do it. I definitely think that's the best course of action.

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^