Retro keyboard

I want to find a good mechanical retro/typewriter keyboard, hopefully for cheap, i like the looks but idk wich one to buy, Riley from ltt has a coop looking one but idk wich one he is using.

1 minute ago, Damso said:

I want to find a good mechanical retro/typewriter keyboard, hopefully for cheap, i like the looks but idk wich one to buy, Riley from ltt has a coop looking one but idk wich one he is using.

what does retro/typewriter mean?

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

You can get the rounded keycaps for any cherry stem keyboard for around 20-30 usd. I would pick a set of these up if you haven't used them before. To me, even though it looks cool, it makes a keyboard almost unusable. 

There are a few brands selling boards with these keycaps already on them for a "vintage" look. They mostly appear to be the same or similar cheap boards selling off of a gimmick.

There is the qwerkywriter. I thought linus tech tips had done a video about this board? Anyway kind of in the middle. It looks cooler than a keyboard with round keycaps and is more practical than a converted typewriter.

There is also the option of converting a real typewriter. There are several videos on how to do this. Again other than the looks and to say you have done it not sure why you would want to do this.

11 hours ago, rapidkillerx said:

what does retro/typewriter mean?

Round keycaps, retro look, something like the azio keyboard, but cheaper

11 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Like a classic typewriter from the 19th/20th century.

No, more like an azio keyboard but cheaper

9 hours ago, markr54632 said:

You can get the rounded keycaps for any cherry stem keyboard for around 20-30 usd. I would pick a set of these up if you haven't used them before. To me, even though it looks cool, it makes a keyboard almost unusable. 

There are a few brands selling boards with these keycaps already on them for a "vintage" look. They mostly appear to be the same or similar cheap boards selling off of a gimmick.

There is the qwerkywriter. I thought linus tech tips had done a video about this board? Anyway kind of in the middle. It looks cooler than a keyboard with round keycaps and is more practical than a converted typewriter.

There is also the option of converting a real typewriter. There are several videos on how to do this. Again other than the looks and to say you have done it not sure why you would want to do this.

Well the thing is, i want a mech keyboard that is not as tall as the one that i fo have, but i want the keys to be kinda flat of that makes sence, i wasnt able to find any names of the keyboards that i saw and the typewriter keycaps looked the closest to what i want

10 minutes ago, Damso said:

Well the thing is, i want a mech keyboard that is not as tall as the one that i fo have, but i want the keys to be kinda flat of that makes sence, i wasnt able to find any names of the keyboards that i saw and the typewriter keycaps looked the closest to what i want

If you just want a budget low profile look into the havit keyboards with the low profile kailh choc switches. Super low profile, keys are kind of flat. I haven't tried the havit, but the kailh low profile switches are pretty cool.

2 hours ago, markr54632 said:

If you just want a budget low profile look into the havit keyboards with the low profile kailh choc switches. Super low profile, keys are kind of flat. I haven't tried the havit, but the kailh low profile switches are pretty cool.

Its cool but im looking for more of a think key rather than a low profile keyboard, i do want it smaller than the one i allready have but its a pretty tall keyboard so anything is smaller than it, idk what to search for for thin keys and that its like a platform  or something, its ki da difficukt to explain tbh

3 hours ago, markr54632 said:

Something like this that riley is using rn, i have no idea what he is using but it looks promesing

Screenshot_20200524-111647_YouTube.jpg

34 minutes ago, Damso said:

Something like this that riley is using rn, i have no idea what he is using but it looks promesing

I believe that's Roccat's ridiculous thing.

:)

39 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I believe that's Roccat's ridiculous thing.

Thnx man, looks good, will check out some reviews to see how good it is, you helped me a lot