Aging displays

sczze

I have some decices that are getting older than 5 years old (eg: monitor, laptop, ipad). The edge of the screen appears to have dead pixel/ not as bright as the rest of the screen/ blackens out. It doesnt affect me much as it is at the edges of the screen but i want to know why it happens? any one knows? Is it because of the panel technology?

Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity!

20 minutes ago, sczze said:

I have some decices that are getting older than 5 years old (eg: monitor, laptop, ipad). The edge of the screen appears to have dead pixel/ not as bright as the rest of the screen/ blackens out. It doesnt affect me much as it is at the edges of the screen but i want to know why it happens? any one knows? Is it because of the panel technology?

i'm not too sure myself since i never had to worry about, or have it happen to me. (is still using a monitor from 2008). 

there probably isn't any one reason to why it happens asides of the fact that things age and eventually fall apart. same thing applies to gpu's, cpu's and motherboards. eventually the gpu fans will have to be replaced, eventually the cmos battery on your motherboard will have to be replaced, and even your cpu fan may break. and after awhile, you will have to replace the gpu, cpu, and motherboard all together just like you would with your monitor, laptop, or ipad.

sorry i couldn't give you a more informative and exact answer to your question (good question btw)