maybe my rig is underperforming

Najaahi Fauzi
Go to solution Solved by Najaahi Fauzi,

@Propanepapi @Jakob11 @burh4n

guys i kinda solve it on accident, like i googled stuff but seems not finding anything, suddenly i came across on my minD to unplug and plug in my cpu and gpu. change my thermal paste on cpu and swap the power connectors on my graphic card, then opened my pc and rush in towards warzone. Suprisingly, it fix the prob and my fps are improve like @Jakob11. So is it thermal issue or the pc itself dizzying itself so i need to reset the hardware ?

weird XD. anyways i can now enjoy gaming again in this hard pandemic times. hope you guys have a wonderful day. thanks for the tips all of you.

i got 6700k and a gtx 1080 with a 14 gb ram but it's like i don't get enough juice by it. can somebody help ? its becoming worse after last year i don't know why it does that.

like i play warzone on this rig , i asked a friend that his rig i7 7700k with a gtx 1070 ti run the game maybe like 75 ~ 90 ish while streaming. mine is like 55 ~ 70 ish same settings. Is my rig normally runs at that frames ?

it feels so slow, please i need help uwu

1 minute ago, Najaahi Fauzi said:

i got 6700k and a gtx 1080 with a 14 gb ram but it's like i don't get enough juice by it. can somebody help ? its becoming worse after last year i don't know why it does that.

like i play warzone on this rig , i asked a friend that his rig i7 7700k with a gtx 1070 ti run the game maybe like 75 ~ 90 ish while streaming. mine is like 55 ~ 70 ish same settings. Is my rig normally runs at that frames ?

it feels so slow, please i need help uwu

[Edit] game setting runs on low 1080p unlimited frames cap

This seems very strange, I have an I7 6700k at 4.4GHZ and a GTX 1080 and I have around 90+ FPS with textures on ultra and some other settings on high.

What's the speed of your ram?

ikr , idk why it does that. should i got service my pc ? umm, about the speed of the ram, 1x8gb 2133mhz and 1x4 2400mhz. 

so should i go check to a local store to get it checked ? coz im way too busy to learn the probs on my own

6 minutes ago, Najaahi Fauzi said:

14 gb ram

What's your memory configuration here? Seems like that might be 1x stick of 8GB and 3x sticks of 2GB or 3x sticks of 4GB and 1x 2GB? Either way, if you have mismatch RAM capacities, your probably better off removing the extras. 

If you have 8GB and 3x 2GB, remove all 2GB and only leave the single 8GB (make sure to follow the motherboard manual to install in the correct slot)

If you have 3x 4GB and 1x 2GB, remove the 2GB and 1x of the 4GB (make sure the 2x 4GB you leave are the same brand/model, and again follow the motherboard install instructions)

Definitely post info on your RAM configuration, speeds, and timings

Just now, burh4n said:

What's your memory configuration here? Seems like that might be 1x stick of 8GB and 3x sticks of 2GB or 3x sticks of 4GB and 1x 2GB? Either way, if you have mismatch RAM capacities, your probably better off removing the extras. 

If you have 8GB and 3x 2GB, remove all 2GB and only leave the single 8GB (make sure to follow the motherboard manual to install in the correct slot)

If you have 3x 4GB and 1x 2GB, remove the 2GB and 1x of the 4GB (make sure the 2x 4GB you leave are the same brand/model, and again follow the motherboard install instructions)

alright imma go do that real quick

1 minute ago, Najaahi Fauzi said:

1x8gb 2133mhz and 1x4 2400mhz

Okay, this is 12GB of RAM (compared to your first post stating there was 14, maybe a typo?)

Pull the 4GB stick out and run only the 8GB

1 minute ago, burh4n said:

Okay, this is 12GB of RAM (compared to your first post stating there was 14, maybe a typo?)

Pull the 4GB stick out and run only the 8GB

alright sir, asap. yup its a typo sorry guys

Yhea, my guess would also be the ram, you need the same 2 sticks so it can work together kinda deal, having 2 completely different ram sticks is not ideal, the problem with Warzone is that it does eat a lot of ram and with 8gb you will have many lag spikes (My friend had 8GB and he was constantly having bad lag spikes), I would recommend getting two 8GB ram sticks that have the same clock speed.

25 minutes ago, burh4n said:

aight tested it, put it on recommended by manual and attach the timing too, i tested warzone again, seems gettin worse idk. maybe different spot i get some dip in frames. but to compare with 

28 minutes ago, Jakob11 said:

This seems very strange, I have an I7 6700k at 4.4GHZ and a GTX 1080 and I have around 90+ FPS with textures on ultra and some other settings on high.

What's the speed of your ram?

it's really far from the jakob, on high, and my settings is on ground low with 1080p 

addda.PNG

10 minutes ago, Najaahi Fauzi said:

i tested warzone again, seems gettin worse idk

The minimum spec for running Warzone is 8GB, and I think this might be where your issue is coming from. If you can, I think it would be ideal to get a second 8GB RAM stick, as you'll be able to take advantage of full dual channel memory

@Jakob11 what RAM config/specs are you using in your system?

2 minutes ago, burh4n said:

The minimum spec for running Warzone is 8GB, and I think this might be where your issue is coming from. If you can, I think it would be ideal to get a second 8GB RAM stick, as you'll be able to take advantage of full dual channel memory

@Jakob11 what RAM config/specs are you using in your system?

alright sir , ty for the recommendation. i might buy 1 since it's really makes me annoyed to play anything tbh, csgo overwatch etc. like the 1st year i bought this pc it's been doin great for me. after 2 years, is doesn't get the frames i used to get. example csgo, was getting like 200+ on same setting, now im struggle to reach 144 in intense fight idk why

I'm using CL15 at 3200mhz G skill ram.

But I would recommend getting new ram, as 8 is really not enough for Warzone.

Also make sure your system is dust free and running cool in a cool environment. You could have a complete beast of a system but it doesn't mean dook if it's getting too hot and thermal throttling. Which means underclocking itself to stay alive.

Then do some basic stuff:

-Uninstall unused apps.

-Close extra programs and launchers when you're playing.

-Check for viruses.

-If you're using an HDD instead of an SSD, run defrag to clean it up. They like to bog down overtime.

Hope this helps.

-pp

@Propanepapi @Jakob11 @burh4n

guys i kinda solve it on accident, like i googled stuff but seems not finding anything, suddenly i came across on my minD to unplug and plug in my cpu and gpu. change my thermal paste on cpu and swap the power connectors on my graphic card, then opened my pc and rush in towards warzone. Suprisingly, it fix the prob and my fps are improve like @Jakob11. So is it thermal issue or the pc itself dizzying itself so i need to reset the hardware ?

weird XD. anyways i can now enjoy gaming again in this hard pandemic times. hope you guys have a wonderful day. thanks for the tips all of you.