OS drive not found after fresh install

NorStereo
Go to solution Solved by zassou,

i have a kingston a1000, the thing is in some motherboards, their bios wont include nvme storage in their storage page, aka sata drive. because m.2 ssd are mostly pci-e device, you have to go to system browser (or similar) page, that you can check what devices installed on your physical location.

nvme ssd doesnt need drivers, motherboards have builtin support. either it works or not. your board has 2 m.2 slots, try another one.

Hello, hope you can hlp me, having some strange stuff happening.

I got a a M.2 NVMe SSD, that I wanted to use as my OS/boot drive.
So I unplugged all my other drives, put in the new one, and used a USB with windows installation tool to set up the new OS drive.

The installation went fine, had to delete some partions on the new drive, as it has been used before.

Then when the windows installation wants to restart the PC, I'm sent directly into the BIOS, where it can't see the new drive, so I can not select a boot priority.

The BIOS does see that I have a  NVME installed on my motherboard, but it will not allow me to select it as a boot drive.

So I went from having a perfectly functioning system to nothing, haha.

I've tried clearing the cmos, and doing the installation several times, urrently making  a newer USB installation tool.

Is there something I'm clearly doing wrong here? :)

(Using a Z390 Aurous Pro WiFi, drive is Kingston A2000 500GB.)

Update:
Ended up going back to my previous setup.
Startet getting warning in windows installation that it would not let me install windows on the SSD and that I might have to change/update the controller in the BIOS.
Read online, thx google, about CVS, keys, legacy, any OS settings etc, and that got to complicated for me, ha!😅

i have a kingston a1000, the thing is in some motherboards, their bios wont include nvme storage in their storage page, aka sata drive. because m.2 ssd are mostly pci-e device, you have to go to system browser (or similar) page, that you can check what devices installed on your physical location.

nvme ssd doesnt need drivers, motherboards have builtin support. either it works or not. your board has 2 m.2 slots, try another one.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!