Compact Uni Build

Hi everyone.

Basically at the end of this academic year I'm going to university for the first time, full time. I can't live without video games to be fair and by the time I get there this year I don't want to have to take my XBox or 4 year old laptop. So I was wondering if any of you lovely people on this lovely forum could assist me in building an ok small form factor gaming PC. Much like Linus's Titan build but not with a titan.. in fact the budget is that of only £800..

If anyone could assist me. Then I would happily take your hand in marriage.  :D

Cheers guys 

Peace!

I have a CM120 elite, and I have a hefty system in that, its a nice small case, I also own a prodigy and they are also nice cases, especially if you are looking at liqued cooling or overclocking. Since I do none of them, I use the elite 120 for it all. My specs should show below

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

Check out lian li cases as well. In small form factor build you have to build around the case you want to use. I would say BitFenix Prodigy is a great choice or you could wait for the Corsair 350D(m-atx tower) to come out since you're not building it now anyway. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That corsair case does look great, if I had the money, I would build a MATX system in one of them, but the only problem is lack of Z77 choice for MATX motherboards, they seem expensive compared to full ATX Z77 boards.

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

Ok, heres a beast itx system from scan(.co.uk) Everything will fit (you have to remove all but 1 hdd cage though) and if you have a hard drive laying around it will save you 50 quid. Its pretty beast.

9iSXjNa.jpg

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

If your going mATX then go something like

i5-3570k                                                               189.95

ASUS P8z77-M pro                                               116.99

MSI HD 7870 Black Night                                      179.99

Samsung 128gb PRO                                           109.99

Corsair Vengence 1600mhz Blue 2 x 4 gig            59.99

Corsair CX600w Modular PSU                               62.99

Corsair Obsedian 350D case Windowed               94.99

TOTAL                                                                  814.88

15 quid over budget but its a fantastic case with so many options later on for upgrades and water cooling.

Some really good systems there, I'm glad I've signed up on here lol. £814.88 is still cheaper than walking into a retail store and buying it pre-built. Also, if you want legit Windows, thats another £80

Thank you very much guys! You are ever so helpful on this forum!

Ok, heres a beast itx system from scan(.co.uk) Everything will fit (you have to remove all but 1 hdd cage though) and if you have a hard drive laying around it will save you 50 quid. Its pretty beast.

9iSXjNa.jpg

I will be going with this build so special thanks to you sir!

Thanks once again guys, also in case you're wondering. I have a copy of Windows 7 on my SSD already :)