compared CPUs

Hello everyone.

Please, I would like your help in the following.

Having a laptop as follows:

LwDEI5u.jpg

Which on your opinion would be an AMD equal CPU to this i5? Or maybe 2 AMDs to watch?

Thank you for your time!

AMD didn't release any higher-end ultrabook class CPU's before Ryzen. The weakest Ryzen mobile chip is the R3 2200U, so i suspect the performance should be comparable. 

AMD doesn't make an equivalent to that CPU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

are you looking for a laptop amd cpu?

Looking for a laptop amd cpu about $500 - $550 (8GB RAM) that would run easily a SAP app.

AMDs processors have become so good in the last few years and I can say, that your i5 is somewhere between AMD A6-7480 and an Athlon 200GE. (These are desktop CPUs). If you are planning to buy a new one, go for ryzen 3.

3 minutes ago, Matttaj69 said:

AMDs processors have become so good in the last few years and I can say, that your i5 is somewhere between AMD A6-7480 and an Athlon 200GE. (These are desktop CPUs). If you are planning to buy a new one, go for ryzen 3.

Yes, my purpose is to go for a new laptop for SAP application. So, from your answers, is to go for a Ryzen 3.

for that money, you might squeeze in a ryzen 5. it will make a big difference.

16 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

for that money, you might squeeze in a ryzen 5. it will make a big difference.

I am sorry for my this question, but by saying "squeeze", you mean prefer Ryzen 5? It would be better than Ryzen 3 with this money? Because I cannot understand by squeezing will go to a big difference up or down? Saying all these because of course here we have a bigger number (5 than 3), but in CPU world, I do not know if the bigger number always means better.

Sorry again!

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

yes, ryzen 5 is much better and i'm sure there are laptops out there in your budget that have a ryzen 5

Thank you a lot for your explanatory answer.

Also, thank you all for your help giving me with your informative answers!!