Attempting to root and install Android 10 on Nexus 6P

Xa3phod

Hey folks. I am seriously stumped and I can't figure this out.
I want to install Android 10 on my 6P. I figured I would have to root it first. I installed TWRP 3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.
I successfully did OEM Unlocking.
I Pushed Beta-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247 and it seemed to install fine.
I reboot and its not there. It should be in the apps, but its not. What am I missing? Should I do Magisk? This is new for me and once I get it, I won't have to ask again.

I also have the PixelExperience_angler-10.0-20200101-0925-OFFICIAL. I have not installed this yet, but this is the image I want, I believe.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

No point rooting if you're gonna flash another ROM just after, it'll overwrite everything. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/guides-how-to-guides-beginners-t3206928

If your installing a custom rom, you will root it after you install the rom via twrp

If you plan on using the play store, you will want to root with magisk instead. Supports Android 10

If you don't plan on using google apps supersu is fine, I think they actually moved it to somewhere in the settings manager.

Makes sense. Will install a custom rom then root. Any info on how Android 10 runs on the 6p?

Actually, here is the issue. I install the TRWP just fine and I am able to get into it. But, when I reboot and try to get into recovery I get the android robot on his back with the red triangle. I've followed the instructions to a tee, but still this keeps happening. I've reinstalled TRWP 3 times.

So, that is why I'm here. Someone funny is going on. Any help is appreciated.