2x 120mm fan and i cpu fan vs 1x cpu_fan header

Carter_E

I want to use two more fans with my cpu cooler via a 3 way splitter. Will this damage any thing???

I don’t think so.  It’s not totally impossible if you’re already straining te power output of your motherboard with a bunch of. Other stuff.  I don’t know much about rgb though so if that’s in the mix it could change the dynamic.

the phrase “two more” gives me some pause though.

how many of what kind of fans and what else is plugged into motherboard headers?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

its white led and its a 4pin if that helps

by two more i mean andding two fans on to my one stock cpu fan so in all i would have 3 fans on one header

i am using upHere LED Quiet Edition High Airflow 120mm 4pin Case Fan

i also have one exhaust fan on different header witch i am leaving alone 

22 minutes ago, Carter_E said:

its white led and its a 4pin if that helps

by two more i mean andding two fans on to my 1 cpu fan so in all i would have 3 fans on one header

i am using upHere LED Quiet Edition High Airflow 120mm 4pin Case Fan

i also have one exhaust fan on different header witch i am leaving alone 

What @Demonic Donut said.

to expand: The issue is total on the motherboard not per header. The worry isn’t blowing out the header it’s overloading the whole board.  A single header can easily take 3 regular non rgb case fans.  If you do that to every heade and there’s a mess of them and there’s a pupmpnamd rgb involves and whatnot you could hit the motherboard power delivery so hard it could be buckled.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I think i know what you mean this is my setup of ALL my two headers

sys_fan: 1x non rgb 120mm case fan

cpu_fan: intel cpu cooler

and i want to add two more fans on to cpu_fan 

i hope this helps my question 

2 minutes ago, Carter_E said:

I think i know what you mean this is my setup of ALL my two headers

sys_fan: 1x non rgb 120mm case fan

cpu_fan: intel cpu cooler

and i want to add two more fans on to cpu_fan 

i hope this helps my question 

Does. 95+% sure you’re fine.  It’s outside possible there’s some extra cheap bottom end motherboard that couldn’t handle that much power off the board but I doubt it.

Thank you!! you have been a big help. by the why i have msi h310m pro-vdh plus i could not find the max power but im sure i will be fine.

Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, Carter_E said:

Thank you!! you have been a big help. by the why i have msi h310m pro-vdh plus i could not find the max power but im sure i will be fine.

Thank you. 

This the one?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-PRO-VH.html

says vh not vdh.

I dont know enough about old intel motherboards to know if that one has the power or not. 

probably the only difference is its vdh but im sure its the same 

do you think i will be ok??