Wireless Headset Beef

Hey guys. I am on a quest to find a headset that works wirelessly on both Xbox & PS4 and the new consoles. Why manufacturers can make wired headsets that work on both systems but not wirelessly? Even the new JBL Quantum 600 & 800 boasts wireless connectivity for all systems. So I ordered the 800s. I get em but they are actually only wireless w/PC & Mac, limited functionality wireless w/PS4. They work wired w/no added functions on Xbox & Switch. Come on bruh! So I’m coming to the LT team for some answers. 

Thank you

12 hours ago, AmazingSpiderC said:

Hey guys. I am on a quest to find a headset that works wirelessly on both Xbox & PS4 and the new consoles. Why manufacturers can make wired headsets that work on both systems but not wirelessly? Even the new JBL Quantum 600 & 800 boasts wireless connectivity for all systems. So I ordered the 800s. I get em but they are actually only wireless w/PC & Mac, limited functionality wireless w/PS4. They work wired w/no added functions on Xbox & Switch. Come on bruh! So I’m coming to the LT team for some answers. 

Thank you

I have the Steelseries 9X which connects to the Xbone like an official controller does and could probably connect to the PS4 via Bluetooth. Guessing it’s work with the new Xbox because the current controllers will work with it.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

The PS4 doesn't support Bluetooth headsets.  Even Sony's own Gold and Platinum headsets require a dongle to use wirelessly.

I actually doubt you will ever find a wireless headset that works across all platforms.  It sucks, but I think it is the nature of competing products.  If Microsoft suddenly started making a great headset (lol), Sony wouldn't want PlayStation people to start using it.  Wired, sure.  No one is going to use some crazy proprietary headset jack (Even Microsoft learned their lesson there!) going forward, so engineering a one size fits all headset is pretty straight forward.  Wireless is not quite so easy.  The closest is PC and Playstation or PC and Xbox.  Like the Astro A50s.