Make Win7 snap like Win10 multi monitor

JZStudios

I'm still using Win7, at least until I upgrade a bit later this year. I just snagged GTAV free from EGS and immediately started modding with OpenIV.

The interesting thing is that OpenIV "sticks" to monitor edges before snapping through like Win10 does. I'm curious as to why, and if there's any way I can get Win7 to behave like that by default. As an aside, I just now discovered that Win7 snapping does in fact work with multi-monitor setups, but only with keyboard shortcuts. I just assumed the keyboard shortcuts would do the same thing as the mouse. All these years of manually lining up windows on my center screen, and I'm at the end of Win7's life cycle...

#Muricaparrotgang

just upgrade to Windows 10..... it will solve your problem and make your pc faster and more secure.

She/Her

Which snapping are you looking for? I also have a multi monitor setup and most snapping things worked in Windows 7, I believe.

Perhaps you can use a program like DisplayFusion or Dual Monitor Tools. :) EDIT: or maybe Actual Multiple Monitors. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 hour ago, Ashley xD said:

just upgrade to Windows 10..... it will solve your problem and make your pc faster and more secure.

Yeah, gee thanks. Or I could do what I was planning to do. I dislike Win10 or I'd already be on it. Win10 is also incredibly fucking frustrating to use in many ways, including the fact that there's a constant 10 pixel wall on the corner or every monitor that snags the mouse with no way to disable it without disabling the entire system, despite people asking for it's removal since the beginning of Win10.

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd really just advise upgrading to W10. 

W7's EoL, no one should be using it anymore

Ditto.

There's nothing wrong with Win7. There's a lot of reasons why me and millions of others are sticking to Win7.

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Which snapping are you looking for? I also have a multi monitor setup and most snapping things worked in Windows 7, I believe.

Perhaps you can use a program like DisplayFusion or Dual Monitor Tools. :) EDIT: or maybe Actual Multiple Monitors. :)

Displayfusion costs money and I don't want to run in NV surround all the time. I can find DMT, but not any good explanation or showcase of what it does. I have a triple monitor setup, and if it's name is to be believed it might not help. AMM also seems to be paid and more intensive than what I'm looking for. I just want to know why OpenIV sticks to monitor edges in Win7 and if I can make that the default window behaviour.

#Muricaparrotgang

16 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Ditto.

There's nothing wrong with Win7. There's a lot of reasons why me and millions of others are sticking to Win7.

It's EoL, shouldn't even be considered anymore. It hasn't received any security updates out of Extended support for close to 4 months, that's more than reason enough not to use it.

19 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

including the fact that there's a constant 10 pixel wall on the corner or every monitor that snags the mouse with no way to disable it without disabling the entire system, despite people asking for it's removal since the beginning of Win10.

what in the hell are you talking about?

She/Her

28 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's EoL, shouldn't even be considered anymore. It hasn't received any security updates out of Extended support for close to 4 months, that's more than reason enough not to use it.

I don't care. It's not an issue and I'm unlikely to get viruses.

#Muricaparrotgang