I need help

So a couple of days ago I had an ASRock B450M Pro4 and a EVGA 500BR 80+ PSU and everything was going good until I opened the side of my case and a molex connector touched a heatsink on the upper left hand side of the mobo, it then proceeded to spark and it turned off. After this happened I tried to turn the pc back on and it did, but I turned it back off from windows. After I did this it wouldn’t turn back on no matter what I did, the power button wouldn’t work and the pc wouldn’t turn on. I thought at the time it may have been the motherboard because after the freak out I had I tried the paperclip test and the fan turned on the PSU. So I ended up shipping my motherboard back and ordered a new one. I now have a MSI B450M Pro-VDH MAX and I’m still having the issue where the board isn’t getting any power. I probably jumped the gun yet again but I ordered a 550w Corsair PSU And I’m hoping that this fixes the problem but while I’m waiting for that I figured I’d try and see if there’s any way to fix it in the mean time. 

I would suggest just waiting for the new PSU. Risking a new and perfectly good motherboard isn't worth it.