Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Google - Device Not Certified

Nano Adam
 Share

I installed a custom rom on my phone, (Samsung Galaxy s3). I installed Reserrection Remix OS ROM. For the past week I was trying to install two apps via apk, and was unable to do so. It always said the device was not compatible. But when I was on stock rom I was able to download these apps. Later, I realized it was a certification issue. 

 

I tried couple of things to make my device certified.

1. I inserted my device GSF number onto Google Site 

2. I tried getting the Magisk Safetynet to Pass, but was unable to do so. I still get both factors to say false. 

 

In the end, I am still unsuccessful. Is there any way I could install those two APK's onto the device? Both of them are applications for streaming video content by the TV channel themselves. I would be open to any suggestions. I have experience in programming and using the shell and all, so that would not be an issue 

 

Would really appreciate if anyone could leave a suggestion! 

 

Thanks!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

I installed a custom rom on my phone, (Samsung Galaxy s3). I installed Reserrection Remix OS ROM. For the past week I was trying to install two apps via apk, and was unable to do so. It always said the device was not compatible. But when I was on stock rom I was able to download these apps. Later, I realized it was a certification issue. 

Are you sure it's a certification issue and not an architecture mismatch of the APK you downloaded? the S3 uses an ARM v7a CPU which is 32bit

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

I tried getting the Magisk Safetynet to Pass, but was unable to do so. I still get both factors to say false

What steps did you take to try to pass safety net? Did you apply custom props?

 

2 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

Is there any way I could install those two APK's onto the device?

Wich apps are you talking about? Maybe it has nothing to do with your ROM and the App is just buggy? Also why are you installing apks? Are they not available in the play store?

 

2 hours ago, Syn. said:

Are you sure it's a certification issue and not an architecture difference of the APK you downloaded? the S3 uses an ARM v7a CPU which is 32bit

@Syn. makes a good point. What leads you to believe that this is a certification issue? 

 

Also, did you clear the cache of both the play store and play services?

Main System: Broken because I'm stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Syn. said:

Are you sure it's a certification issue and not an architecture difference of the APK you downloaded? the S3 uses an ARM v7a CPU which is 32bit

 

1 hour ago, Watn3y said:

What steps did you take to try to pass safety net? Did you apply custom props?

 

Wich apps are you talking about? Maybe it has nothing to do with your ROM and the App is just buggy? Also why are you installing apks? Are they not available in the play store?

 

@Syn. makes a good point. What leads you to believe that this is a certification issue? 

 

Also, did you clear the cache of both the play store and play services?

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being an artitechture issue. I never thought of that since I never went that deep in APK's for Android as I am primarily an iOS user! lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

 

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being an artitechture issue. I never thought of that since I never went that deep in APK's for Android as I am primarily an iOS user! lol.

You're welcome :)

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×