Would it be worth it to upgrade CPU or my entire rig.

At this point my build is over 5/6 years old and I have been upgrading it as components die but I've gotten to a point where I am VERY CPU bound, I have an AMD FX-6300 currently set to the stock 3.5ghz since I was running into a lot of instability when overclocking (though that could be my fault). I know that this family of CPU's is definitely a few generations old and that there are many new features with not just a newer cpu but also have benefits from a new MOBO and case that I may be able to cable manage. If im upgrading on my current platform i've see FX-8350's for around $80-120 and that's about what I think id like to do but don't know if its really gonna be enough of an upgrade to be worth it. I run into bottle necks playing mostly COD warzone on anything other than medium to medium low setting with nothing in the background or when im playing most of my other older indie games while trying to have chrome open in the background or really any other applications. 

This is what im currently running

• CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz  (cooled by cooler master hyper 212)

• MOBO: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

• RAM: 2x8 GB DDR3-1600

• GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB

• PSU: Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze

• Storage: 250gb SSD and a 3TB Seagate ST300DM001

Wait a month or so and get a 3300x, a b550, and 16gb of 3200mhz ddr4

The FX chips aren't worth any money nor will they improve performance enough to be worthwhile.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

If not willing to go for a full upgrade yet, you are probably equally or better served by spending the time a mild overclock of the 6300 takes, rather than spending $80-120 for an 8350 (it seems expensive to me in 2020 - I paid ~€100 for 9370s and 9590s 3-5 years ago).

Your motherboard and cooler are not meant to break records, but with a little care you could get 3.9- 4.0GHz on all cores without serious voltage increases. It's not clear to me that an 8350 will bring any improvement other than higher clocks for something like COD, maaaaybe the extra cores will let it run more smoothly.

For less demanding games or general multitasking the stock 6300 should still be plenty, though (I'm talking 60FPS and responsive browsing here), so if you experience problems with that then you might have something else going on.

Thanks for the feedback I was pretty sure that waiting a bit to get a upgrade would be most likely that best performance route just was very unsure what would be the route I'd go, and the FX chips I feel were really never worth what they cost.

and I had I think a 4.0 over clock on it for the longest time but when my previous GPU died and I swapped to a junk gpu for the month or so before I got the 1650 super I was having a bunch of system stability  problems and when I removed the over clocking my system went back to normal and since then I really haven't had more than a day off working for a package delivery company to be able to mess around with it and have the time incase I really screw something up by a mistype or something that my luck would entitle me to.

4 hours ago, Quade said:

At this point my build is over 5/6 years old and I have been upgrading it as components die but I've gotten to a point where I am VERY CPU bound, I have an AMD FX-6300 currently set to the stock 3.5ghz since I was running into a lot of instability when overclocking (though that could be my fault). I know that this family of CPU's is definitely a few generations old and that there are many new features with not just a newer cpu but also have benefits from a new MOBO and case that I may be able to cable manage. If im upgrading on my current platform i've see FX-8350's for around $80-120 and that's about what I think id like to do but don't know if its really gonna be enough of an upgrade to be worth it. I run into bottle necks playing mostly COD warzone on anything other than medium to medium low setting with nothing in the background or when im playing most of my other older indie games while trying to have chrome open in the background or really any other applications. 

This is what im currently running

• CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz  (cooled by cooler master hyper 212)

• MOBO: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

• RAM: 2x8 GB DDR3-1600

• GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB

• PSU: Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze

• Storage: 250gb SSD and a 3TB Seagate ST300DM001

If you had a better motherboard it might be worth it but that's not a good motherboard to run the 8 core chips on it. Try to overclock the cpu and max out the gpu settings/ resolution and try to keep all the cpu intensive stuff in your game settings on low then