Intel fanboy considering AMD.

As my PC begins to not meet the standard, I ask myself... why intel? 

Small Budget. 

US. 

1080p, 144fps gaming. I play esports for my college, so I am hopping that I can pump out 144fps more reliably. I also would like more editing power, as at this point with the i5 I can barely render the video as I edit it. 

Current Build: (I have had this build for a long time.) 
i5 4590 3.3GHz 
16 GB ddr 1333 MHz
Asrock Z97 Pro4 
1 Toshiba TB HDD 
60 GB SSD 
GTX 1060 SSC 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Build Details:

Ryzen 5 3600 

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F 
                 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082L27J3F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX
               https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232751?item=N82E16820232751

EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6 GB. (Already Own) 

I am hopping for a 500gb NVMe m.2 drive for my OS and select games, the 1 TB vs pushing my budget. I have plenty of HDD storage. 
Any recommendations? Trying to keep it to 100$ max.  

Power Supplies are hard to come by at this point due to COVID-19, so finding a reasonably priced one will be difficult. Wanting a fully modular one, what wattage will I need for this build? Where do you think I can get one within a reasonable time? 

I have an NZXT 510i I will be using for the new build. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my i5 uses an LGA 1150 socket, Upgrading my CU will require me to purchase a new motherboard, and considering the cost of that, I may as well keep my old build together and use it as a streaming PC. 
I know that my 1060 isn't the greatest ever but that will be the most expensive thing to upgrade and isn't even what is keeping my in-game performance slow. My CPU is commonly tasked at 100% playing pro-league settings on rainbow six siege. Yes, I have messed with OC and can't seem to find a way to give my CPU a break. 

the ROG Stryx is for 1st and 2nd gen RyZen CPUs out of the box, a BIOS update allows for a 3rd Gen RyZen CPU to work. Can I upgrade the BIOS without a 2nd Gen RyZen CPU? 

Is the RyZen 5 3600 a good combination with the B450-F? 
the G.SKILL is 3200 MHz and 16 CAS. Will that kit be a good option for the B450-F and the RyZen 5? 

As it stands right now, building this PC will cost, 
300$ for MOBO and CPU combo. (I was originally looking at the 1600F, (12 nm chip) for 85$, but those are VERY hard to come by for a reasonable price. I was considering the RyZen 7 3700X but the RyZen 5 3600 is faster for gaming, and cheaper. So this amazon combo saves me a few bucks and is what I wanted top begin with. 
$100 for the RAM kit. 
Eventually, $100 for NVMe m.2 storage. 
and 120$ for the PSU. 

Since I already have the chassis and GPU, and the RyZen 5 comes with the wraith cooler: 
520$. 

Thanks for looking at my build! 

If you can you might want to wait until the B550 boards come out and then consider one of the newer AMD CPUs they are releasing.

4 hours ago, P3rfectLIVE said:

the ROG Stryx is for 1st and 2nd gen RyZen CPUs out of the box, a BIOS update allows for a 3rd Gen RyZen CPU to work. Can I upgrade the BIOS without a 2nd Gen RyZen CPU? 

Is the RyZen 5 3600 a good combination with the B450-F? 

no, don't get the rog strix. the b450 from asus aren't great and it won't work without a 2nd gen cpu anyway. either wait for b550 to launch soon, get a x570 or get a msi b450 max.

20 hours ago, boggy77 said:

no, don't get the rog strix. the b450 from asus aren't great and it won't work without a 2nd gen cpu anyway. either wait for b550 to launch soon, get a x570 or get a msi b450 max.

So, I’m planning on waiting for the b550, which leads to more questions: 

1. How can I determine the best b550 mobo once they release? Do I have to wait for the youtubers to break them down? 

2. should I purchase the CPU now? Will the Ryzen 5 3600 go up in price since it’s one of the lower CPUs that will work with the B550? 

3. rumors speculate that the new chipset will drop late late 2020, early 2021. Considering they are releasing the b550 now, should I wait to build this system until the new chipsets drop? Are these going to be very expensive ones? Supposedly I heard that it’s supposed to be a budget chipset, but the $200 for a 3600 is not a bad price at all. 

3 hours ago, P3rfectLIVE said:

1. How can I determine the best b550 mobo once they release? Do I have to wait for the youtubers to break them down? 

yes, wait for specs and reviews.

2. should I purchase the CPU now? Will the Ryzen 5 3600 go up in price since it’s one of the lower CPUs that will work with the B550? 

i would wait and buy everything at once in order to be able to test everything works and still be in the return window

3. rumors speculate that the new chipset will drop late late 2020, early 2021. Considering they are releasing the b550 now, should I wait to build this system until the new chipsets drop? Are these going to be very expensive ones? Supposedly I heard that it’s supposed to be a budget chipset, but the $200 for a 3600 is not a bad price at all. 

i wouldn't wait that long, as there is always something else around the corner. you can upgrade to the 4000 series in a year or two, once they drop in price.