Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ryzen + Mobo combo for the same price of a used i7 7700

I'm in the market for a new CPU. Currently rocking an i5 6400 with 1060 6GB. My GPU is bottlenecked massively by my CPU.

 

My current motherboard only supports Kaby Lake and Skylake. Prices for the i7 7700, used, are extrodinarily high right now, around $250 USD. I'm sure a Ryzen and a new motherboard would be cheaper as well as outperform it.

 

What suggestions do you guys have?

 

Current build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/AgentL3r/saved/YZ3t6h

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AgentL3r said:

I'm in the market for a new CPU. Currently rocking an i5 6400 with 1060 6GB. My GPU is bottlenecked massively by my CPU.

 

My current motherboard only supports Kaby Lake and Skylake. Prices for the i7 7700, used, are extrodinarily high right now, around $250 USD. I'm sure a Ryzen and a new motherboard would be cheaper as well as outperform it.

 

What suggestions do you guys have?

 

Current build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/AgentL3r/saved/YZ3t6h

What is your budget 

If possible you can get a new chipset and a cpu 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What is your budget 

If possible you can get a new chipset and a cpu 

The same price as a used 7700, so about $250 USD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AgentL3r said:

The same price as a used 7700, so about $250 USD.

You can get a 3300x for 120 bucks 

And a b450 tomahawk for 120 bucks 

That makes 240 :)

 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

You can get a 3300x for 120 bucks 

And a b450 tomahawk for 120 bucks 

That makes 240 :)

 

But I suggest to wait for b550 in a few weeks 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not give quotes in USD if you're not living in the US or buying your parts from there. The US pricing has absolutely no relevancy to you.

You might as well get the Ryzen 3300x. You can sell the motherboard and CPU of your old system, so you'll be even farther ahead monetarily.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1600AF + a good b450 board is a really good value

My Gaming PC:
Zotac RTX 3090 AMP (+750 mem +200 core. Not the best, but was MSRP. Plan on watercooling later)
i9 9900KF 5GHz 1.31V LLC6 - NZXT x72
G.Skill Trident Z @3450MHz 32GB CL15 (3466 and 3200 mixed CL16) OC
Asus Maximus X Hero

4TB Samsung NVme Storage for Windows, Games and Programs

Seagate Backup Plus 8TB (Shadowplay and Backups)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11Dynamic
MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q  240hz, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720 144hz, Acer S242HLDBID 60hz

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Hyper X Alloy Origins Core (Reds)

 

My Silent Multimedia PC:

i7 8700k delid (4.8Ghz, 1.35V) - Noctua NH-D15

Asus Strix RTX 2080 OC (Undervolt)

G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 16GB

Gigabyte Z390 UD (cheap but does the job)

Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB (Games) + Kingston A400 240GB (Windows) + 480GB (Programs)

Corsair RM-650

Be Quiet Silent Base 601 with 2x 140mm Noctua exhaust

Samsung Q60R (4k 60hz for Windows, 1440p 120hz Freesync for gaming)

Logitech G Pro Wireless

Ducky One 2 TKL (Silver/Blue)

 

My Notebook:

Asus Zephyrus G14 Top Spec 120hz

 

Server:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Do not give quotes in USD if you're not living in the US or buying your parts from there. The US pricing has absolutely no relevancy to you.

You might as well get the Ryzen 3300x. You can sell the motherboard and CPU of your old system, so you'll be even farther ahead monetarily.

Sorry but since he is listing prices in dollars I assume OP was looking for parts in USD 😅

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Noah0302 said:

1600AF + a good b450 board is a really good value

1600AF is overpriced in almost every market.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Sorry but since he is listing prices in dollars I assume OP was looking for parts in USD 😅

Yeah, not sure why people think that's a smart idea.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, not sure why people think that's a smart idea.

Who the people who look for USD pricing or the people who suggest things in USD lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Who the people who look for USD pricing or the people who suggest things in USD lol

Kind of both.

People who don't live in the US, but mention USD pricing, which means nothing to them.

Also, people who make suggestions without taking a quick second to look at their location (his says Britain ;)), and his PCPP is also in GBP.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Kind of both.

People who don't live in the US, but mention USD pricing, which means nothing to them.

Also, people who make suggestions without taking a quick second to look at their location (his says Britain ;)), and his PCPP is also in GBP.

I agree but it is kind of a I guess muscle memory of what ever you would call it 

To just list USD prices products for people who are asking in USD 😅

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you stretch to a 3600 + mobo assuming you sell your old CPU/mobo to help offset it? While the new AMD quads are likely a general improvement, it is a case of could/should you go for more to make the jump more worth it? 

 

As your Windows is OEM version you'll probably have to get a new licence for the new system, so take that into consideration. Rest of stuff can be reused if needed.

TV Gaming system: Asus B560M-A, i7-11700k, Scythe Fuma 2, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200@2133 4x16GB, MSI 3070 Gaming Trio X, EVGA Supernova G2L 850W, Anidees Ai Crystal, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, LG OLED55B9PLA 4k120 G-Sync Compatible
Streaming system: Asus X299 TUF mark 2, i9-7920X, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB 3000 8x8GB, Gigabyte 2070, Corsair HX1000i, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Crucial BX500 1TB, BenQ XL2411 1080p144 + HP LP2475w 1200p60
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion, 5800H, DDR4 3200C22 2x8GB, RTX 3070, SK Hynix 512 GB + Crucial P1 TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, TofuHaroto said:

I agree but it is kind of a I guess muscle memory of what ever you would call it 

To just list USD prices products for people who are asking in USD 😅

Yeah, I just give prices in USD since it's pretty universal.

 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:12 PM, porina said:

Could you stretch to a 3600 + mobo assuming you sell your old CPU/mobo to help offset it? While the new AMD quads are likely a general improvement, it is a case of could/should you go for more to make the jump more worth it? 

 

As your Windows is OEM version you'll probably have to get a new licence for the new system, so take that into consideration. Rest of stuff can be reused if needed.

I'm going to get a 7700k used. Easy job and should be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×