How to identify an Nvidia Max Q card?

Snowmirage

I have a laptop with an RTX 2060, how can I tell if it is a Max Q variant?

I thought I would see the Max Q designation in either  Nvidia Control Panel or GPU-Z, but I don't.  

I'm not sure if I'm not seeing the Max Q designation because it isn't shown there, or if its because it isn't a max q variant.

When I bought it nothing mentioned Max Q.

I thought of looking up the boost clock of a "normal" 2060 and comparing it, but its also possible the boost clock is tuned differently than a 2060 by the mfg I suppose.

Does anyone have a 2060 max q that could post a screen shot of GPU-Z and/or Nvidia Control panel to compare?
image.png.1f745705e5368e33a852face03cf4f77.png

image.png.df7e75600e4da057c8ce643d6e62afe1.png

image.png.52f823655c76c3284f1e079cc0e9b60c.png

image.png

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

Do you see maxQ anywhere at all on the outside of the machine?  The maxQs cost the manufacturer more so they like to trumpet it.  My strong suspicion is you don’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I’d say the probability is near zero then.  Perhaps not zero, but near zero.  The maxQ systems do have some capabilities the others do not so testing for them is possible.  You seem to be avoiding that one though.  Gird  your loins for disappointment, bite the bullet, and do a real check.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On the contrary that's exactly what I want to do.

Are you implying I would I be able to tell if this is a max q variant simply by comparing boost clocks?

I'm going to fire up some benchmarks and check that now.

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

interestingly enough folding at home identifies max-q variants. I don't know how they do it though. You can also take a look at power consumption as the max-q variants typically have a similar power draw to the gpu tier below them. ie a 2060mq would pull about the same power as a 1660 in general

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.