Razer Kraken pro likewise headset?

so i've had the razer kraken pro for a long time now and they are starting to fall apart which is sad because i really like them and you cant get them anymore since they have gone out of production so i bought the razer kraken ultimate but in my opinion they sound kinda like garbage and are way too overpriced. and i was just wondering if there was a headset that was kinda like the razer kraken pro

my pc also only recognizes headsets as speakers which i find weird and wondered if anybody could help me fix that problem?

Thanks in advance for the questions!

18 minutes ago, TLokep said:

so i've had the razer kraken pro for a long time now and they are starting to fall apart which is sad because i really like them and you cant get them anymore since they have gone out of production so i bought the razer kraken ultimate but in my opinion they sound kinda like garbage and are way too overpriced. and i was just wondering if there was a headset that was kinda like the razer kraken pro

my pc also only recognizes headsets as speakers which i find weird and wondered if anybody could help me fix that problem?

Firstly. Never buy Razers products if you want good audio. Don't expect that. If you want good audio. If you have a seperate mic or something like that. Buy real headphones. Not the "gaming" rgb headphones that look cool but sound awful. Now. Can you explain how you mean garbage sound? Also what program are you using that detects them as speakers? Also the headset is wireless. That could explain the sound. Razer isn't known for their audio products.

Now I want you to understand what good audio is. Good audio for gaming isn't virtual 7.1 surround. Like it sounds cool but what is it really? 2 speakers trying to sound like surround but fails miserably on most headsets. The sound feels echoey and not good at all. Instead there is a lot of bass. And with bass you lose a lot of the details you hear in game or in music. Too much bass to get the best experience. I would like you to take a look at these headphones. They are open back cans. Which means they leak sound but gives you the best imaging and soundstage for gaming. To explain imaging the simplest way. It is like surround but the headphones which are stereo, can pin point out better than worse gaming headsets. 

https://www.amazon.de/Beyerdynamic-Kopfhörer-Gaming-Kopfhörer-kabelgebunden-geeignet/dp/B07XYG56HS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1408XQG4BC04Z&dchild=1&keywords=dt+990+pro&qid=1589658410&s=computers&sprefix=dt+990%2Ccomputers%2C161&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-Gaming-Headset-offener-Akustik-schwarz/dp/B00JQDOALC/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sennheiser&qid=1589658433&s=computers&sr=1-4

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

20 minutes ago, TLokep said:

Also. A couple of years ago I also bought gaming headsets such as logitech and razer. I thought they were amazing but as soon as I got my babies, my dt 990 pros... I would never go back again.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

25 minutes ago, TLokep said:

it only labels them as speakers but it doesnt really matter you can change it on your sound control panel here is mine where it labels my DAC as speaker its like the default setting windows seems to use for any usb audio device. all my other DACs do this as well

Capture.PNG

Just now, rice guru said:

it only labels them as speakers but it doesnt really matter you can change it on your sound control panel here is mine where it labels my DAC as speaker its like the default setting windows seems to use for any usb audio device. all my other DACs do this as well

Capture.PNG

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I thought he meant in like razer synapse or something.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

14 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Also. A couple of years ago I also bought gaming headsets such as logitech and razer. I thought they were amazing but as soon as I got my babies, my dt 990 pros... I would never go back again.

what about the steelseries arctis 3 are they any good?

1 minute ago, TLokep said:

they are pretty ok sound can be a bit boring but fine for gaming. 

I mean. Yeah..nah. They work but look at wired headphones instead. The hyperX cloud 2 or alpha works really well. Either the Sennheiser if you have money or hyperX cloud 2 or hyperX cloud alpha.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

5 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

I mean. Yeah..nah. They work but look at wired headphones instead. The hyperX cloud 2 or alpha works really well. Either the Sennheiser if you have money or hyperX cloud 2 or hyperX cloud alpha.

the cloud 2 these days are pretty much replace by the cooler master mh 752 due toi it being based on the takstar pro 82 which is a better headphone to that the clouds are based out of which is the takstar pro 80 . 

the cloud 2 these days are pretty much replace by the cooler mh 752 due toi it being based on the takstar pro 82 which is a better headphone to that the clouds ar ebased out of which is the takstar pro 80 . 

Ok

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

8 minutes ago, TLokep said:

if you live in the US and just intend to game on them the sennheiser pc 37x from massdrop area great headset. 

if you live in the US and just intend to game on them the sennheiser pc 37x from massdrop area great headset. 

He lives in Germany I think.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, Tigerleon said:

ah the amazon links definitely confirm that

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Ok

if i had around 120€ to spend what would you say that i should get?

mainly focused around gaming, like csgo for an example

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

ah the amazon links definitely confirm that

Yeah that is why I linked the sennheiser game one with the amazon DE because he is from germany. Those are good right? The game ones?

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

if i had around 120€ to spend what would you say that i should get?

mainly focused around gaming, like csgo for an example

Yes yes. The hyperX are good but if you want to put in more budget go for the sennheiser game one. They are open back I believe which are great for gaming especially cs go. Search for open back headphones on google.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

not germany but close

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

Yeah that is why I linked the sennheiser game one with the amazon DE because he is from germany. Those are good right? The game ones?

the game ones are great

3 minutes ago, TLokep said:

these are the ones that you have?

no these are ones I like at your price range really good mic and performance in games.  I dont use a headset. I use a usb mic and a separate headphone when I game

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

no these are ones I like at your price range really good mic and performance in games.  I dont use a headset.

See it's like that we come from another world you and I for headphones haha.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

lol i just get to try a lot fo gear fortunately enough lots of gamer friends that just buy headsets when they need on eand I try a lot of their setups when Im over and the mh 751 is a deservingly well reviewed headset

13 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

i have a question about the one that you reccomended, the top part of it where it touches your head (i dont know what its called) the material looks like something thats gonna tear off within a month and be a pain in the ass because its gonna be everywhere, is it like that or does it hold on?

image.png.fce957613e60334c39222957d33b5dc6.png