Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help in setting up server

HolaBholaHai

I have hosted a bedrock server to play with my friends. My friends are able to join via my PC's IP but whenever i try to connect to the server through my home network it's not connecting and is stuck on locating server but if i use my mobile data it connects! We all are using minecraft bedrock on android.

In a nutshell the host cannot join his own server when connected to his home network (WiFi) but can join through his mobile data.

as @DropTopGPU said you will need to type the local ip of your server 192.168.1.xxx or if you are playing on the server machine 127.0.0.1 should work

@mineblaster @DropTopGPU I'm not playing on the machine on which the server is hosted but on another android device on the same network. The server sometimes shows under the friends column as LAN server and works fine but it's not showing this issue happens when i try to connect with my home wifi if i try with my mobile data it connects and works.

Also I tried using  this ip of my server machine and also the public ip which I've given to my friends. My friend can join and play without any issue but I cannot join it's stuck on locating server.

hmm, thats strange. 

the only other things i can think of are:

you must have setup port forwarding on your router/modem from the external ip to your android device hosting the server? have you tried setting the android device up with DMZ on your router? so there will be no firewall rules or the need to faff around with UPNP

or have you got dual channel wifi setup? I mean a 5ghz SSID and then a separate 2.5ghz SSID ? is your android device connected to the same wireless bandwidth?

With 2.5ghz having better range ive noticed if my android device switches over to 2.5ghz when im in the garden I cant connect to my security cameras which Ive connected to the 5ghz SSID. 

Its strange you can see it sometimes under LAN server but then it disapears.

your router seems to be configured correctly for port forwarding from the internet but do you know if you can enable nat reflection it might help you connect