MSI GL65 or Lenovo Y540

I am in need of a gaming laptop, below are the ones which im looking at. There arent many options since ill be purchasing it in India but any other input is appreciated.

So i have been looking at the MSI GL65 9SDK with the 9750h, 1660ti, 16gigs of ram and 120hz display. I am mainly interested in this cuz of the cooling system, i would like to know about the build quality, is it good enough? I have seen reports of the hinge getting broke after some months. Also is the laptop lid and keyboard deck made of aluminium or plastic? cant find any information on that.

The second laptop i see is the lenovo y740 with the same specs just a better(?) 144hz screen. Some people report that there are thermal throttling issues with it because of some bios update(?) or something and its throttling heavily. Is this problem fixed in 2020?

There is also an option for Y540 and while it is cheaper i hear it doesnt have good thermal performance.

There is also helios 300 but im not really a fan of the design....if that makes sense.

Neither. The 9750H is not obsolete. Get an Asus A15 with Ryzen 4000 or wait for the upcoming Ryzen based Legion 5.

Regardless, the MSI GL and Go series are very low end and come with many issues from thermals to build quality to reliability. Avoid them like Corona.