PyroTheWise

Okay, so I have a wierd problem right now.  Here are my PC specifications:

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

16GB 3200  Mhz ram

1 TB NVMe SSD

550W PSU

Corsair 275R Airflow

The headset works with my PS4 and used to work with my PC but when I tried to plug it in and use it with Discord the system recognizes that it works but does not actually pull any sounds from the mic.

I am not sure what is going on.  I have the lastest patches for windows and the latest updates for the sound card (Realtek Audio drivers).

Any ideas?

Is the headset mic the only one enabled in sound settings in the recording devices tab?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Yeah, everything is enabled but I think it is the realtek audio drivers.  I updated them recently and now the headset doesn't work right.

I used my Son's headset that works with his laptop but still doesn't work with mine.   I can sort of get the mic to work - really low output but I can't get the chat to go back through the headset - it always comes out of my speakers.   The Sound is directed to my TV via HDMI (2070 super).

I am just not understanding.

try to reinstall the audio drivers. its started after you updated you windows?

5 minutes ago, gilad123gamer said:

try to reinstall the audio drivers. its started after you updated you windows?

No I think it started after I updated the audio drivers, but that is an option.

What is wierd is that the system does know when I connect the headset but the Mic input levels never change when I am talking in the properties dialog.   It is almost as if the gain is set to 0, but it is not muted and the gain is set to +20db.

Really wierd.  

1 hour ago, gilad123gamer said:

can i get more info about you headset pls ? 

I have 2 headsets.  One is a logitech G335 (if I remember correctly) and the other is a plantronics RIG.  

Please let me know if you need any other information.

try  to reset your pc and backup important files but first try to download notherboard chipset driver i think 1 of the 2 options will work. 

Go into your sound control panel and make sure it's the only thing enabled in the recording tab. On discord make sure it's set to your mic and not default

@gilad123gamer and @rice guru  Thank you for the suggestions.  Family pulled me away from working on this until today.   I will reply back once I have been able to try some of your suggestions.

2 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

@gilad123gamer and @rice guru  Thank you for the suggestions.  Family pulled me away from working on this until today.   I will reply back once I have been able to try some of your suggestions.

np man! happy to help 

@gilad123gamer  Before I rebuilt my pc, i checked again for a driver update and there was one.   I let it unistall the old one and install the new one and the mic is back to working.   RealTek must have realized they released a buggy version because the driver I did install was barely a week old before a newer one showed up.

Thanks again for the advice.

5 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

@gilad123gamer  Before I rebuilt my pc, i checked again for a driver update and there was one.   I let it unistall the old one and install the new one and the mic is back to working.   RealTek must have realized they released a buggy version because the driver I did install was barely a week old before a newer one showed up.

Thanks again for the advice.

nice! im happy to help. :)