What do you think?

• I'd probably get this slightly faster RAM (unless that's B-die, which i don't think it is, as for $10 more you get 3600 speed RAM with decent enough timings)
  • I would definitely not pay retail for Win 10. if you have a Win 8 or maybe even Win 7 license (non-OEM, or at least un-activated OEM) then you can use that. If not, they're under $15 on eBay and a number of other sites.
  • If it saves you much, you could probably go for a little bit lower powered PSU. PSU prices are pretty terrible right now though so I'm not sure you will.
  • If your budget was including the Window license, throw the extra money into a better GPU.

Since most don't list peripherals they're not usually included in the budget but since you added the monitor, do you need a mouse and keyboard as well?

1. You can vet a faster ram at the same price.

2. You might want to get a mesh front case as usually glass=hindered airflow.

3. You can tone down on the psu down to about 550w.

4. You can get cheaper copies of windows 10 online.

5. You might want to add some fans to that

Optional: aftermarket cooler

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Do you plan to use it for more intensive games such as GTA 5, Crysis, Doom, Call of Duty, etc? Cause you can probably get a cheaper graphics card.

The geek himself.

13 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:
  • I'd probably get this slightly faster RAM (unless that's B-die, which i don't think it is, as for $10 more you get 3600 speed RAM with decent enough timings)
  • I would definitely not pay retail for Win 10. if you have a Win 8 or maybe even Win 7 license (non-OEM, or at least un-activated OEM) then you can use that. If not, they're under $15 on eBay and a number of other sites.
  • If it saves you much, you could probably go for a little bit lower powered PSU. PSU prices are pretty terrible right now though so I'm not sure you will.
  • If your budget was including the Window license, throw the extra money into a better GPU.

Since most don't list peripherals they're not usually included in the budget but since you added the monitor, do you need a mouse and keyboard as well?

Alrighty! Thank you so much! I already have a pretty good keyboard and mouse (Redragon K552-BA Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, M601 Gaming Mouse)... yes I do have a Win 7 license but it has already been used... even if I did use it wouldn't still cost money to upgrade? 
Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... This will be my first pc build... I have only owned laptops before this... 

Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... I am living in the BGPC era (Before the Gaming PC)

Light users can't read this. Good job for using Night Theme!

8 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Do you plan to use it for more intensive games such as GTA 5, Crysis, Doom, Call of Duty, etc? Cause you can probably get a cheaper graphics card.

I probably will not be using it for super intensive game... what GPU would you recommend?

Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... I am living in the BGPC era (Before the Gaming PC)

Just now, PolarizedSun said:

Alrighty! Thank you so much! I already have a pretty good keyboard and mouse (Redragon K552-BA Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, M601 Gaming Mouse)... yes I do have a Win 7 license but it has already been used... even if I did use it wouldn't still cost money to upgrade? 
Sorry if my questions are a little stupid... This will be my first pc build... I have only owned laptops before this... 

The Win 7 license is iffy. If it's a Win 7 Pro license (non-OEM) then you should be able to use it for Win 10 Pro (probably the same for Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home). If the computer you used it on is no longer in use then it's not considered "in use" and you're fine. But again, that only works if it was an "OEM" key.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/62t3Xv

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($172.39 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($67.98 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T4E PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Acer ED322QR Pbmiipx 31.5" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($279.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1190.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 13:45 EDT-0400

This is what I recommend if you have to intention to do heavier gaming. If you do, get the 5600XT

This includes faster memory, and saves you $100, I recommend you get a Windows 10 key from Kinguin, most people use it.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

The Win 7 license is iffy. If it's a Win 7 Pro license (non-OEM) then you should be able to use it for Win 10 Pro (probably the same for Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home). If the computer you used it on is no longer in use then it's not considered "in use" and you're fine. But again, that only works if it was an "OEM" key.

Great! It is no longer in use (my dad's old pc)... it is non-OEM and professional...

5 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($67.98 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T4E PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Acer ED322QR Pbmiipx 31.5" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($279.98 @ Newegg) 

This is what I recommend if you have to intention to do heavier gaming. If you do, get the 5600XT

This includes faster memory, and saves you $100, I recommend you get a Windows 10 key from Kinguin, most people use it.

Gotcha! Great! Thanks so much! I do like the look of this build as well.... About the Kinguin... I am sorting out using my dads old non-OEM professional Win 7 license and then upgrading it to Win 10 Pro... thoughts?

4 minutes ago, PolarizedSun said:

Great! It is no longer in use (my dad's old pc)... it is non-OEM and professional...

That one should be okay then. Just install Win 10 directly (don't even bother "installing 7 and then upgrading"), say "skip" when it asks for a license key (cause I don't believe it'll work during the installation), and then when your actually booted to windows and connected to the internet, go into the settings and there should be a big note at the bottom to "Activate Windows". Put the Win 7 key in there and it should work. If not, windows will still work you'll just have a watermark in the bottom left corner until you get a working key. Certinaly nothing to lose.

7 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

That one should be okay then. Just install Win 10 directly (don't even bother "installing 7 and then upgrading"), say "skip" when it asks for a license key (cause I don't believe it'll work during the installation), and then when your actually booted to windows and connected to the internet, go into the settings and there should be a big note at the bottom to "Activate Windows". Put the Win 7 key in there and it should work. If not, windows will still work you'll just have a watermark in the bottom left corner until you get a working key. Certinaly nothing to lose.

So I can use the Win 7 DVD to directly install Win 10? There probs a way to get rid of the watermark as well...

4 minutes ago, PolarizedSun said:

So I can use the Win 7 DVD to directly install Win 10? There probs a way to get rid of the watermark as well...

No, you just make a Win 10 USB installer and install Win 10 with it. Getting official Win 10 install media is very simple: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, unlike with Windows 7 and 8 where it was nigh impossible without purchasing it directly

You just need the activation code (bunch of letters and numbers separated by a few dashes) that should be printed on a sticker, usually on the Win 7 DVD case 

Not sure there's a way to remove the watermark though. Maybe, but I honestly wouldn't bother. If the Win 7 key doesn't work, grab a 10 key on eBay or a key site for a few bucks.

18 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

No, you just make a Win 10 USB installer and install Win 10 with it. Getting official Win 10 install media is very simple: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, unlike with Windows 7 and 8 where it was nigh impossible without purchasing it directly

You just need the activation code (bunch of letters and numbers separated by a few dashes) that should be printed on a sticker, usually on the Win 7 DVD case 

Not sure there's a way to remove the watermark though. Maybe, but I honestly wouldn't bother. If the Win 7 key doesn't work, grab a 10 key on eBay or a key site for a few bucks.

Alrighty! Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Dawson Wehage said:

That motherboard is terrible.

Ram is overpriced. 

Why waste the M.2 slot on a SATA SSD ?

You can get a better gpu with a $1500 budget.

Not the best case for airflow.

That psu is a bit meh. Better than the S12II but still not great.

A 32" is a bit big for 1080p. 

28 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

That motherboard is terrible.

Ram is overpriced. 

Why waste the M.2 slot on a SATA SSD ?

You can get a better gpu with a $1500 budget.

Not the best case for airflow.

That psu is a bit meh. Better than the S12II but still not great.

A 32" is a bit big for 1080p. 

Why is motherboard terrible? Got an idea for a better one?

What RAM would you recommend?

What case?

If you are going to criticize another guys idea could you at least put up a better option than what he did and not just say why it is not the best?

7 minutes ago, PolarizedSun said:

What case?

If you are going to criticize another guys idea could you at least put up a better option than what he did and not just say why it is not the best?

If you're getting a B450 board, you should get the one you'd selected originally (the Tomahawk Max).

Same with the RAM, or the Ripjaws V I recommended above.

Same with the case, or the Meshify C recommended by @gloop.

...Basically, I think what you had originally is much better.

8 minutes ago, PolarizedSun said:

What case?

I chose the specific components for aesthetic, since it seems you we're playing lightweight games, I thought a pretty computer would suffice. I did make an error on the SSD and PSU though, I meant to give you a NVMe SSD and a Corsair PSU. Otherwise, I have used that case for many builds so i'm not sure what the issue is here.

Here's an updated one. Mostly the same.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RryFhg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G27C2 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1194.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 16:27 EDT-0400

I also think your build is good, I would just swap the ssd with NVMe since it doesn't cost much more.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I chose the specific components for aesthetic, since it seems you we're playing lightweight games, I thought a pretty computer would suffice. I did make an error on the SSD and PSU though, I meant to give you a NVMe SSD and a Corsair PSU. Otherwise, I have used that case for many builds so i'm not sure what the issue is here.

Here's an updated one. Mostly the same.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RryFhg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G27C2 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1194.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 16:27 EDT-0400

Aight... thank you btw.... I do like the aesthetic...

3 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I have used that case for many builds so i'm not sure what the issue is here.

That Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB looks to have a mostly closed off front which I would consider quite bad for airflow. Both the Meshify C and Thermaltake Versa J24 ARGB that @PolarizedSun had originally have much more open fronts to allow for better airflow. Gamers Nexus reviewed them both quite favorably.

@Dawson Wehage Thank you for following me! I will post up my set up when I finish it... it will be in a while as I still am saving up for it...

2 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

That Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB looks to have a mostly closed off front which I would consider quite bad for airflow. Both the Meshify C and Thermaltake Versa J24 ARGB that @PolarizedSun had originally have much more open fronts to allow for better airflow. Gamers Nexus reviewed them both quite favorably.

Yeah I had watched videos on the case, however I haven't had any issues with airflow, temperatures, etc. Plus he doesn't have a whole lot going into the case anyways.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, PolarizedSun said:

@Dawson Wehage Thank you for following me! I will post up my set up when I finish it... it will be in a while as I still am saving up for it...

Fair enough I am still saving for a new computer, well I have the money but I always wait for birthdays or something.

It's going to be a sleeper PC. I plan to upgrade the graphics card sooner or later.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6VRvFG

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600KF 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($359.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG RYUO 120 RGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($212.80 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.05 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($118.50 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card  ($479.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II EVO 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Custom: StarTech.com 3 Drive Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane with Fan and Lock for 3.5 SAS II/SATA III - 6 Gbps Hard Drive (HSB3SATSASBA)  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Custom: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi 6) Z490 LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) SFF Micro ATX Gaming Motherboard (12+2 Power Stages, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, Bluetooth v5.1 and Aura Sync)  ($349.99) 
Custom: Dell Dimension 2400 Chassis 
Total: $1969.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 04:22 EDT-0400

The geek himself.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Fair enough I am still saving for a new computer, well I have the money but I always wait for birthdays or something.

It's going to be a sleeper PC. I plan to upgrade the graphics card sooner or later.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6VRvFG

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600KF 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($359.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG RYUO 120 RGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($212.80 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.05 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($118.50 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card  ($479.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II EVO 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Custom: StarTech.com 3 Drive Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane with Fan and Lock for 3.5 SAS II/SATA III - 6 Gbps Hard Drive (HSB3SATSASBA)  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Custom: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi 6) Z490 LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) SFF Micro ATX Gaming Motherboard (12+2 Power Stages, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, Bluetooth v5.1 and Aura Sync)  ($349.99) 
Custom: Dell Dimension 2400 Chassis 
Total: $1969.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 04:22 EDT-0400

Wow....