AOC 24G2 vs. ViewSonic XG2405

Koleso66

I'd like to buy a new 1080p 144Hz monitor and I don't know if the AOC is better than ViewSonic.

They are probably not too far apart in quality, the AOC is a great buy if you can even find it in stock and for a good price (around $200 US). Regional pricing varies a lot if you look at monitors, I bought the AOC for 190€ a few weeks ago and the Viewsonic is 230€ here for example.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 5:47 PM, merco said:

They are probably not too far apart in quality, the AOC is a great buy if you can even find it in stock and for a good price (around $200 US). Regional pricing varies a lot if you look at monitors, I bought the AOC for 190€ a few weeks ago and the Viewsonic is 230€ here for example.

How was the AOC in your experience? 

7 hours ago, RusselTheMuscle said:

How was the AOC in your experience?

It looks a lot better than the LG 24MB35, which is my old 60hz monitor. I watched a lot of reviews on the AOC model and it seems to live up to what they promised. Not like I have much else to compare it to, but I'm happy with my purchase. Motion clarity and colors are better, which for me were the main selling points, and my old monitor is my secondary now. I was using 1 monitor for a couple months since another one broke, so having 2 monitors again is great too. 

8 hours ago, merco said:

It looks a lot better than the LG 24MB35, which is my old 60hz monitor. I watched a lot of reviews on the AOC model and it seems to live up to what they promised. Not like I have much else to compare it to, but I'm happy with my purchase. Motion clarity and colors are better, which for me were the main selling points, and my old monitor is my secondary now. I was using 1 monitor for a couple months since another one broke, so having 2 monitors again is great too. 

Did you change any settings? Or is everything in default?

1 hour ago, RusselTheMuscle said:

Did you change any settings?

Yeah I did the windows color calibration and that asks you to adjust colors and contrast and so on. I also have overdrive set to medium.