AMD cpu laptops with thunderbolt 3 discussion

So i currently use a Dell xps15 9575 2-in-1 laptop as my main computer, for both work and gaming.  specifically larger autoCAD 2D and 3D files, 3D Studio Max for image rendering and the Adobe photo editing suite.  I definitely need more cpu power than this device can provide but the draw to this device for me was the touch screen for artwork and asset creation and the thunderbolt 3 ports for an eGPU and a 10gb NAS.

After seeing a few reviews of AMD's new Ryzen cpu's and what they are capable of in laptops, it made me start to think about what the next laptop i upgrade to will be.  But I haven't seen any AMD laptops with thunderbolt 3 ports which will be a requirement for me since i take the laptop between my home office and work office.

Do you think once manufacturers start to put these AMD cpu's in high end devices we will start to see them with thunderbolt 3 ports or do you think this is this a patent that intel is holding onto for their laptop devices?  i always thought this was why apple never used AMD cpu's, even in the new MacPro, because they have set themselves up in a thunderbolt 3 peripheral environment.

I also considered that it could be an r&d issues as most of the devices we see released this year were already being developed a few years ago when intel was top dog. 

Anyway, i made this thread to see if anyone else was interested in this or if it was just me.  If you do, share your thoughts.