Looking to upgrade my motherboard

Hey there, Like the title suggests I am searching for a good upgrade to my motherboard. Wifi is not necessary, multiple graphic card ports is not necessary, rgb always good to have a little flair and style but can be skipped, needs to be an ATX motherboard, Needs to support newest generations of processors for future proofing, Prefer intel but rise of radeon lately not sure would be great if it was multi compatible not sure if those exist though, Must support ddr4 3000 and up, a Plethora of usbs and hdd, and other usuals on a motherboard. Other portion I need is that I listen to a lot of audio so I need the sound card to be top notch and support 600 ohms or better. Budget is debatable but I should have plenty to support whatever I choose. open to recommendations. Current mother board in use ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

A high-quality X570 motherboard is probably your best bet, especially if you want high-quality audio which is usually cut on cheaper boards.

IDK about audio quality for boards though.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Hmm Would definitely need more information but thats a good starting point. Thank you, I need to kind of pin point what would be best for what I am looking for here.

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

A high-quality X570 motherboard is probably your best bet, especially if you want high-quality audio which is usually cut on cheaper boards.

IDK about audio quality for boards though.

It looks like the x570 is only amd? Is there an intel variation you can recommend?

4 minutes ago, Falenkor said:

Hmm Would definitely need more information but thats a good starting point. Thank you, I need to kind of pin point what would be best for what I am looking for here.

Can we get an idea of how much your budget

Because you can go with am4 but you will need to change the cpu so more money 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Can we get an idea of how much your budget

Because you can go with am4 but you will need to change the cpu so more money 

Currently using an 8700k i7 intel processor on my board. My budget for the board would be around the $400 range or so.. I don't particularly have a budget.. I can stretch it if I need to but of course .. less $ is always better in my book. I would like to keep my 8700k if at all possible.. Unless it would be possible to sell off the 8700k for an amd and yet still get the same processing power.. as amd is typically cheaper. The pc is a gaming rig. not being used for musical production or streaming.

6 minutes ago, Falenkor said:

Currently using an 8700k i7 intel processor on my board. My budget for the board would be around the $400 range or so.. I don't particularly have a budget.. I can stretch it if I need to but of course .. less $ is always better in my book. I would like to keep my 8700k if at all possible..

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $323.17 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $323.17
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-13 17:15 EDT-0400  

Taichi is a known board I like to recommend it for high end builds and it does have amazing power delivery but for audio I honestly don't know as I'm not into audi but you can look if it does have good audio 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

20 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $323.17 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $323.17
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-13 17:15 EDT-0400  

Taichi is a known board I like to recommend it for high end builds and it does have amazing power delivery but for audio I honestly don't know as I'm not into audi but you can look if it does have good audio 

Doesn't look like it has the greatest on the sound card. Will need to look further into this or ask for recommendations. Solid board though

Nobody else have any recommendations? Like I said.. need the best I can get for the sound card on a future proof motherboard ideally intel

15 minutes ago, Falenkor said:

Nobody else have any recommendations? Like I said.. need the best I can get for the sound card on a future proof motherboard ideally intel

Future proof mobo for Intel doesn't exist since backwards compatibility or forward compatibly on Intel is garbage 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Future proof mobo for Intel doesn't exist since backwards compatibility or forward compatibly on Intel is garbage 

Well, like i said previously. I am all for switching to amd since its typically the cheaper route. the issue I have there is I would need to front a secondary cost to purchase a processor.. in this case having a processor that equivelant to what I have now would be fine as I would then just sell off the 8700k for that amd. I plan to upgrade later down the road on the processor of course.. so having the capability of a good upgrade is a benefit. Normally I would just buy the motherboard but in this case I need to keep an eye on the sound card and make sure its more top of the line.

2 minutes ago, Falenkor said:

Well, like i said previously. I am all for switching to amd since its typically the cheaper route. the issue I have there is I would need to front a secondary cost to purchase a processor.. in this case having a processor that equivelant to what I have now would be fine as I would then just sell off the 8700k for that amd. I plan to upgrade later down the road on the processor of course.. so having the capability of a good upgrade is a benefit. Normally I would just buy the motherboard but in this case I need to keep an eye on the sound card and make sure its more top of the line.

I'm so sorry but I'm not into audio and I can't recommend something as tbh 50m drivers and something like an abyss sounds the same to me lmao ( not an audiophile at ALL)

But maybe try asking in the audio section I'm sure there will be people to help :)

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

I'm so sorry but I'm not into audio and I can't recommend something as tbh 50m drivers and something like an abyss sounds the same to me lmao ( not an audiophile at ALL)

But maybe try asking in the audio section I'm sure there will be people to help :)

Alright, I will do that. Thank you!

Just now, Falenkor said:

Alright, I will do that. Thank you!

Anytime :D

Build Log: