Help

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

And other than the fact that the input is 230V only, that PSU doesn't seem "that bad".  I mean.. the fact that the +12V is that high and the +3.3V and +5V are low.  It's made for a modern PC.

Looks like this is the website listing for it. https://www.adj.it/en/psu/132-210-00552-8058773831644.html

The features list include a fan, cables, and an on/off switch. I guess no-one can accuse them of overstating it.

According to the tech specs it lacks PFC, and at 20 euro you know it's going to be junk anyway.

Maybe I'm blind but the tech specs says it has 1x 4+4pin CPU connector, 1x PATA, 3x SATA, and says "Yes" to 6pin PCIe and 6+2pin PCIe; yet in the picture on the website it appears to only have a 4pin CPU, 2 PATA, 1 SATA, Motherboard (hopefully that's 24pin) and a floppy connector - no PCIe connectors.

https://www.adj.it/132-large_default/210-00552.jpg

I'd replace it.

I have a no name power supply the brand is an ADJ and the model is 210-00552.

i have a problem where it just shuts down at a random times especially when i play games.

when i moved my pc i accidentally used the power cord for my monitor instead of the power cord for my pc (my moniter cord is thinner than my pc cord).

Is there a selution or do i need to buy a new psu

20200513_200503.jpg

Just now, Target667 said:

I have a no name power supply the brand is an ADJ and the model is 210-00552.

i have a problem where it just shuts down at a random times especially when i play games.

when i moved my pc i accidentally used the power cord for my monitor instead of the power cord for my pc (my moniter cord is thinner than my pc cord).

Is there a selution or do i need to buy a new psu

20200513_200503.jpg

Are you sure the power supply is the cause, the monitor cable should work 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

idk what the problem is i am just guessing 

it just started then

If it started after moving the PC, it's possible that it's because something got knocked slightly loose. I'd open up the case and make sure everything is properly seated. Not just a visually inspection (which likely won't catch anything) but actually pushing components and connectors into their slots, even if they look well-seated.

1 minute ago, Target667 said:

idk what the problem is i am just guessing 

it just started then

Please quote me, so I get a notification okay but what's the specs and how many wats is the psu?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

550 watts total 

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Please quote me, so I get a notification okay but what's the specs and how many wats is the psu?

550 watts in total 

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It's right there in the picture you quoted.

550W total.  456W on the +12V rail.

We just don't know if that's real or not because it's not from a recognized brand.

Depending on @Target667's build, it could be because he used the monitor power cable.  Power cables for monitors tend to be smaller gauge because monitors don't use as much power as PCs.

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

We just don't know if that's real or not because it's not from a recognized brand.

Depending on @Target667's build, it could be because he used the monitor power cable.  Power cables for monitors tend to be smaller gauge because monitors don't use as much power as PCs.

I'm just bad at reading labels :D

Reminder⚠️

What is the specs of the whole system? I suspect that it could be the psu since it looks to be from a pre build, most brands try save money by cheaping out on the power supply.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

My build is a i5 6400 , a gtx 1050 and 8GB of ram 

4 minutes ago, js23 said:

What is the specs of the whole system? I suspect that it could be the psu since it looks to be from a pre build, most brands try save money by cheaping out on the power supply.

It is a pre built a PC shop built it for me at the time 

8 minutes ago, Target667 said:

My build is a i5 6400 , a gtx 1050 and 8GB of ram 

Yeah.  That's no where near 550W.

And other than the fact that the input is 230V only, that PSU doesn't seem "that bad".  I mean.. the fact that the +12V is that high and the +3.3V and +5V are low.  It's made for a modern PC.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Looks like this is the website listing for it. https://www.adj.it/en/psu/132-210-00552-8058773831644.html

The features list include a fan, cables, and an on/off switch. I guess no-one can accuse them of overstating it.

According to the tech specs it lacks PFC, and at 20 euro you know it's going to be junk anyway.

Maybe I'm blind but the tech specs says it has 1x 4+4pin CPU connector, 1x PATA, 3x SATA, and says "Yes" to 6pin PCIe and 6+2pin PCIe; yet in the picture on the website it appears to only have a 4pin CPU, 2 PATA, 1 SATA, Motherboard (hopefully that's 24pin) and a floppy connector - no PCIe connectors.

I'd replace it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'd replace it.

ok i am going to replace it thanks for the help

and i think my 1050 is powered by the pci-e because there is no cable conected to it

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'd replace it.

I didn't see that it didn't have PFC.  I figured it was 230V only because of an undersized primary circuit.

If you look at the OP's photo, there's a CE logo.  You can't have the CE logo if you don't have APFC.

Just now, Target667 said:

and i think my 1050 is powered by the pci-e because there is no cable conected to it

It is. It's powered through the motherboard slot. Less than 75W for those cards so there's no need for the auxiliary cable. I was just remarking on the discrepancies between the specifications listed on the website and what the image shows.

Though any "550W" PC PSU that doesn't have a PCIe connector probably isn't really a 550W PSU.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

I didn't see that it didn't have PFC.  I figured it was 230V only because of an undersized primary circuit.

If you look at the OP's photo, there's a CE logo.  You can't have the CE logo if you don't have APFC.

The rest of the specs for the PSU listed on the website don't seem to match up either so it could just be a mistake in the tech specs listed. There's a pdf for the declaration in the download section if you wanted to check it. You'd be right it should have APFC.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450