Is the corsair vengance 650m silver any good?

nextraff

I was on the market to get a 2060 super with a i5 9400f and I saw this psu on amazon for 75 pounds I went to the psu tier list and saw it was A+  but I've had trouble with psu's in the past so I wanted your guys opinion 

If its on the A+ list, then its one of the best on the market you can buy in terms of reliability and protections built into the PSU. Doesnt really get any better than that beyond a very very small select few. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

The Vengeance Silver is pretty good, and for 75 pounds it's a pretty good deal and would be suitable for your system. I doubt you'd find anything better for the same price.

... Unfortunately it's out of stock on Amazon and all other stores in the UK that I checked. But if you can actually find it in stock somewhere for 75 pounds new then buy it.

£74.99
Temporarily out of stock.
We are working hard to be back in stock. Place your order and we’ll email you when we have an estimated delivery date. You won’t be charged until the item dispatches.

Ignore the tier list. It's a decent PSU but it's definitely not equal in quality to the HX/HXi Platinum and other units that are in the Tier A+ group like the tier list suggests.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, nextraff said:

I was on the market to get a 2060 super with a i5 9400f and I saw this psu on amazon for 75 pounds I went to the psu tier list and saw it was A+  but I've had trouble with psu's in the past so I wanted your guys opinion 

On Amazon from Amazon or from a 3rd party?

That's a pretty good deal for a good PSU (LLC, DC to DC, Silver efficiency).

Get 'em while you can!  By the end of this year, they'll be gone!

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

The Vengeance Silver is pretty good, and for 75 pounds it's a pretty good deal and would be suitable for your system. I doubt you'd find anything better for the same price.

... Unfortunately it's out of stock on Amazon and all other stores in the UK that I checked. But if you can actually find it in stock somewhere for 75 pounds new then buy it.

Ignore the tier list. It's a decent PSU but it's definitely not equal in quality to the HX/HXi Platinum and other units that are in the Tier A+ group like the tier list suggests.

Since it's out of stock do you have any reasonable priced recommendations?

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

Tier A+ merely highlights multi-rail units, it's a sole difference with tier A. In the next revision we try to resolve this 'issue' when people think that all units inside say tier A+ would be identical without introducing more tiers (in fact we even removed two) but by highlighting best units with gold color and units we're not sure in with gray color.

Spoiler

1.PNG.1cb0e72f0da5e15798d838a12f53003c.PNG

2.PNG.4d441ac2f873400420f538d63fc4ed8c.PNG

3.PNG.55e479c930ab252eec8dcbb2e595508f.PNG

Any feedback is welcome.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply