Looking for chair

bigmouthbob1

So i was thinking about getting one of those chairs that like lock you into them and hold the monitors right infrount of you with the mount going over your head. I think linus did a review on one of them a while ago. I was wondering if there was one for <2k usd?

Yup, it's called buildling your own.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

So i was thinking about getting one of those chairs that like lock you into them and hold the monitors right infrount of you with the mount going over your head. I think linus did a review on one of them a while ago. I was wondering if there was one for <2k usd?

I think that chair was $20,000 wasn't it?

I think you should probably build your own too...

5k is the bare minimum Emperor Chair

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

I think that chair was $20,000 wasn't it?

I think you should probably build your own too...

like maybe not that exact model but something like it

and if I were to build my own, what materials would I need?

39 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

Depends on how ghetto you want to go with it. Minimum I would say is a bunch of plywood. If you want to get a bit fancier You could incorporate some steal or aluminum tubes. Your going to have to design, it or copy an existing design, first before you can know what materials are needed.  

You can put together a racing sim with triple monitor mount, keyboard, and mouse tray for about that. It would be horizontal, but accomplish pretty much the same thing. That being said if you haven't ever sat in racing and/or sport seats for long periods it isnt exactly a wonderful experience even with expensive seats.

3 hours ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

Wood, Metal, Screws, Screwdriver, Common Sense?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

16 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Wood, Metal, Screws, Screwdriver, Common Sense?

shit where do i get common sense?

1 minute ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

shit where do i get common sense?

Here