Stock build making CPU voltage above safe limits?

So I was planning on overclocking my CPU until I saw this video: 

it made me realize that overclocking on a ryzen will potentially kill it far faster.

But I also took a look at ryzen master and it already jumps to 1.4v?! that could mean my actual CPU voltage could be around 1.6v or something! that'd be stupidly dangerous?! This mostly happens with single core tasks but it does happen during regular use a little too.

am I doing something wrong?

1 minute ago, Benji said:

When it is stock that's the way it always behaves. It only goes to such high voltages on short bursty loads. Under continuous loads it will never reach high voltages. What makes you think that the actual voltage is 0.2V above what AMDs tool lists? I think that it does actually display the correct voltage.

Oh so it's safe right?!

and the video I linked says that. 

I shouldn't bother overclocking (or at least overvolting) my CPU considering that video right? I do plan on keeping this for say 8 years. i keep my hardware for so long before replacing it

1 minute ago, AmyTheBun said:

Oh so it's safe right?!

and the video I linked says that. 

I shouldn't bother overclocking (or at least overvolting) my CPU like that right?

Never overclock unless you have a VERY specific reason to. If you just NEED that little bit more performance out of your hardware then go for it. But for most people it's not worth it to risk the hardware for a minimum return. 

and especially with the risk associated with your processor like you mentioned. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Just now, Axeonelite said:

Never overclock unless you have a VERY specific reason to. If you just NEED that little bit more performance out of your hardware then go for it. But for most people it's not worth it to risk the hardware for a minimum return. 

okay then I'll leave it at stock!

and considering that the 1.4v burst is normal I won't touch that either :)

Just now, Benji said:

Well, AMDs CPUs are built closely to their maximum capacity, so overclocking them does not make much sense in my opinion. Are you satisfied with the stock performance? Don't bother overclocking, then. And if it is using entirely stock BIOS settings, it is behaving according to what AMD intended. So nothing to worry about the stock voltage going high on bursty loads occasionally.

I did enable something like "O.C.D.P" or like that to get my memory to go to 3000mhz, but otherwise it's stock bios.