Micro Stutter but only when window is active

Danaphoria

Hello friends,

I've done countless research over the past couple of weeks to try and figure out why my RX 580 8GB Nitro+ stutters during gameplay. I get little micro stutters during games like Modern Warfare and even sometimes during Netflix playback, which is infuriating. I've done all of the main topic resolutions, like disabling HDCP on all of the monitor outputs, running  powershell commands and registry edits to enable/disable clock timings etc.

My system specs:

Intel i7 4770

Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB

16GB HyperX RAM

550W PSU

Gigabyte Z97P Motherboard

Now, the strangest thing is that the stutter ONLY occurs whilst the host window is active. Modern Warfare is the game I'm having the most issue with, and the stutter occurs frequently every couple of seconds. However, when I click off the window, the game runs rock steady smooth. So upon checking the task manager, I've made a little comparison as to when the window is active vs inactive

image.png.65841b79e36250dc07cba9a8b7136489.png

The actual FPS of the game is consistently above 100 whilst it is not in focus as well, but when in focus hovers around 80-90 FPS.

I am absolutely baffled at this and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!

Update: never mind! After weeks of frustration, I migrated the files to a different drive (as the copy tab looked a little suspicious) and the stutter has completely disappeared. Hope this helps anyone with this issue.